Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MISSING: Mavsluvr (his last picture)
(01-15-2022, 10:13 AM)burekemde Wrote: Agree. ML did not attack anyone in person. He simply disagreed with the opinion that Luka can't play with great NBA players. Which is what triggered everything. The particular opinion is irrelevant, whether it is this or that - as long the posts are opinion-based. We should all be allowed to have opinions and disagree with others. What is RELEVANT is that ML stated his own opinion in a normal non-personal manner. It was a pure opinion-based post - exactly the way our interactions should occur.

However, all of sudden, he was attacked in a highly personal-directed manner. A rule on the forum should be, as I believe it is on most forums, that personal attacks should be prohibited. 

If this does not lead to an official apology, and in case ML doesn't return, I will definitely stop posting and reading this forum as well. What this overall tells me is that we can get attacked in personal manner on this forum for having certain opinions (such as those favouring Luka at the moment, although this is highly irrelevant - it is the concept that is the important). I agree with many posters stating that having single standards is important. No personal-based attacks. Stick to opinion-based basketball posts as ML did.

I don’t think there has been any issues with disagreeing with folks. I have disagreed, sometimes vehemently, with Kamm going back to previous boards. I have never felt under any threat. 

What happened here is mavsluvr got annoyed at what he felt were unfair attacks on Luka, and did on a very few occasions engage in sarcastic hyperbole though the people criticizing Luka never said anything like that ( for eg your statement that Luka couldn’t play with great players. Not one poster has said that). 
At the same time it was not every post and most of mavsluvr’s posts were as usual respectfu and added value. 

It is just that Kamm too snapped finally at one of those hyperbolic misrepresentations. To me the whole thing was par for the course on a message board. Things happen and I understand why Kamm snapped. 

Where I disagree with Kamm, and it comes across p again in his latest clarification, is that regardless of nuances, when a mod tells someone they can leave a board, it will be perceived differently and garner more attention than any words before or after that. Intended or not, it does come across as a veiled threat. Those words certainly caught my attention and so for someone who has contributed so much to this board like mavsluvr has, you can see why he suddenly felt alone as no other mod stepped in to clarify or take control. 

Again, I will go to bat for Kamm as I have had many interactions with him and he certainly doesn’t try to censor differing opinions. However on the net where words used a bit casually can easily be misinterpreted one has to be always careful.

Hey we won against the currrent flavor of the month.  Let’s all get back to discussing that and looking forward to mavsluvr, Kamm and everyone else continuing with their great posts even if we disagree or get annoyed sometimes with opinions that don’t match ours. Cheers.
[-] The following 3 users Like hakeemfaan's post:
  • BackToSquareOne, F Gump, Kammrath
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread