Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MISSING: Mavsluvr (his last picture)
(01-14-2022, 05:58 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: called me a “condescending, narcissistic gas-lighter;”

For the record, my actual words:

Quote:"I find your interactions with me to be narcissistic, condescending, filled with gaslighting, and lacking in respect, again almost all centered around not engaging with my actual arguments and positions but twisting them into something they are not. I am not saying this is done with everyone (and with most posters you are great and respectful in your interactions and add a lot to this board). But the way I am interacted with, especially going back to November (though a couple times before that as well) are not something I am willing to put up with and it is not acceptable."

I did not claim mavsluvr was these things (i.e. "a gas-lighter"), instead I said the specific interactions with me came across that way. HUGE difference. For instance, anyone can be or come across as condescending in certain interactions but that does not make them a "condescending person" (which I never claimed). And also made it clear that mavsluvr was actually respectful and great with most posters. 

(01-14-2022, 05:58 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: accused me of being “completely lacking in reading comprehension” and/or a “troll;”

lied about me representing myself as Mark Followill, and used that lie as a basis for suggesting that I considered myself exempt from the rules; and,

—  threatened to kick me off the board if I said anything else that fit into some nebulous, undefined concept of trolling.

For the record, my actual words:

Quote:"One of two things is happening here:

1) Your reading comprehension of anything I post is completely lacking.

2) You are trolling me.

If it is the first, please ask me questions or don't comment on my posts.

If it is the second, please stop it or leave the board. Trolling is not welcome here. Just because you pretend to be Followill does not make you exempt from the rules all the rest of us follow."

I suggested that one of two possible things was happening. The first was the possibility that the comprehension of my posts (not everyone's, but mine) was lacking. OR that my posts were understood and I was being "trolled." The dictionary definition of "trolling" is: "to antagonize (others) online." So my belief was that I was either being misunderstood in fundamental ways OR I was being purposely antagonized. I then laid out possible ways forward based on what was happening (which I still don't know). That 1) I be asked questions OR be left alone because the misunderstandings were so frequent or 2) that the purposeful antagonizing stop. I also suggested that the poster leave on their own accord if they would not respect my request. I in no way "threatened" to kick them off the board. 

This is all a very unfortunate ending. I did not and still do not want @"mavsluvr" to leave. And my actual words make that very clear. I just wanted my simple request to be respected and honored. I just didn't want to be repeatedly misrepresented and misquoted.
[-] The following 3 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • BackToSquareOne, F Gump, fifteenth
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread