Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MISSING: Mavsluvr (his last picture)
(01-14-2022, 05:58 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: The lack of any discernible standards as to what is and isn’t  unacceptable trolling.  

I still don’t know what was wrong with the post that triggered all this. From my window, there was nothing antagonistic toward any particular poster in it; it was a lighthearted challenge to the idea that Luka doesn’t elevate his NBA rosters. I don’t get why challenging that idea was a problem. I have seen way worse comments here that did not attract any particular attention, including some of the ones the poster in question made in the noted thread. 

Sometimes posters (perhaps even including myself) do make controversial comments which seem to be actually baiting a spirited response. I don’t know why any of us should be able to forbid people from commenting on our own provocative statements. I guess now we know, but it’s nothing I conceived to be the rule at the time. 

In short, I don’t have any idea what constitutes unacceptable “trolling” on this board for a regular member any more. If something as mildly snarky as the post in question is now fair game for a poster being abused and threatened with dismissal, it seemed to me that, in fairness, we should have received notice to that effect, and that that standard should have been enforced consistently and predictably. Not that I am suggesting that should be the standard — I actually thought we were conducting a fan board, not high tea in the Queen’s garden, lol.  

I note that a couple of people insisted that there indeed was a clear and understandable rule, which was simply to be respectful of other posters. I respectfully have to call major BS on that. The fact, for example, that calling me a “condescending, narcissistic gas-lighter” was considered within bounds seemed to me to be case-in-point evidence that no such respectfulness rule existed in practice, or at the least, only certain posters were entitled to the benefit of it, and I was clearly not one of them. 

That´s the part that should lead to some changes in the future. I already tried to highlight this a few days ago. Agree with every single word. If light banter and snarkiness aren´t allowed it needs to be enforced all the time (I don´t think it should). Otherwise we are creating double standards.
[-] The following 5 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • ballsrchr, Benskix2, burekemde, KillerLeft, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread