Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MISSING: Mavsluvr (his last picture)
(01-11-2022, 05:50 PM)burekemde Wrote: That is all perfectly fine. We misunderstand our opinions all the time, this is part of posting and exchanging opinions and ideas. Perhaps ML misunderstood your point, just like I do. Perhaps you misunderstand his opinions. That part is not the core of what I tried to illustrate.

Your initial Post 1 was opinion-based and a very good post (despite that I would not agree to its opinions). ML's Post 2 was also opinion based. Your post 3 however was all of sudden personal, alone because post 2 disagreed. What I try to illustrate is the transition from opinion-based to personal-based text. 

I am not bringing this up to escalate the situation. On the contrary, my hope is that this could potentially help realise the sudden transition from opinions to personal text. I have illustrated the point now and will attempt further, with the hope this will contribute to a constructive outcome. I certainly do enjoy your all other contributions to the forum even when not agreeing to the statements. It's all part of challenging each others views.

Yes, absolutely, we will misunderstand each other. No question that will happen. And when it does we need to listen to each other and allow ourselves to be corrected in our misunderstandings.

But again, this was a pattern that literally went back months. My opinions (especially on Luka) were being repeatedly portrayed in a false way. I had much, much more patience the first, second, third, etc. times. But I eventually got exhausted and asked to be left alone, because no matter how hard I tried to explain myself, I was met with what felt to me like condescension and a refusal to listen to my actual nuanced stance. There is a LOT more I could say about the specific dynamics, but I do not believe it would be helpful.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • F Gump
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread