Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MISSING: Mavsluvr (his last picture)
(01-11-2022, 01:29 PM)Jym Wrote: I'm just a bit bummed that you're doubling/tripling down on how you handled the situation
A retrospective "whoops I guess I could have handled that a bit better" would be nice to see.

I am an intense person and the only thing I would change is to probably ratchet down my intensity. However, I purposely ratcheted up my intensity because I had made multiple requests over the course of months to be left alone and didn't know if more intensity would finally allow me to be heard. 

I did not like the way I was being interacted with. I requested it to stop. When it persisted I requested to be ignored. When it kept persisting I reiterated all of it with more intensity.  

I have reflected on this quite a bit by putting myself on the other side and also taking myself out of the situation completely. And I stand by the fact that it is 100% appropriate to request certain interactions to stop and to request being left alone/ignored if those interactions won't change. Every single person should have that right on this board (and in life in general). 

P.S. And maybe I would take back the words "or leave"....but not because they are wrong, but because they could be misinterpreted (as they have been) coming from a mod. But we ALL have three options on this board: 1) Interact with respect with a person. 2) Not interact with a person. 3) Leave. Those are our choices.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread