Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MISSING: Mavsluvr (his last picture)
(01-11-2022, 12:02 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: It was the old thread between fifteenth and jesusshuttlesworth82 and both of them airing their grievances. I can restore the thread if you're curious but all that's there is just fif telling JS82 don't be rude.

Let me know if you want to see it. It will be in the troll cave.

I guess the JS82 thing was offered up as an example of one of the few times mods have had to take action on someone attacking posters. JS was verbally attacking multiple posters, and wouldn't stop. 

To be clear, just so there is no confusion. No moderation was performed in the Kam/mavsluvr conversation!!! And none was needed. Kam and mavsluvr had a conversation between two posters about their own interactions. Each had said stuff that the bothered the other person. It happens. 

I'll offer this as well: Mods are just posters who help organize the board, detete spammers, and keep posters from attacking other posters. And that's especially true in the case of Mavsboard. 

Maybe it was just me, but I viewed it that way at Fish's place too. Mac and I got sideways quite a few times. I was out of line quite a few times, and he used his mod powers as he saw fit. But if Mak had ever said "leave" to me I would have laughed and said, "you leave". I felt I had as much ownership of the forum as he did just because I was a participant. I mean, ultimately, he was just another dude with a keyboard....AND SO WAS I...just another dude with a keyboard.

Point being, I'm still just another dude with a keyboard. So is Kam. So is Clutch, Killer, IGT, SH. We're not special. Everyone else has just as much ownership of this forum as the people listed in the previous sentence. mavsuluvr has just as much ownership of this place as Kam.

When the thing happened with Kam and mavsluvr I was the only one that claimed to do any "modding". And all I did was ask both of them to please move on and not have to have the last word. 

I'd still repeat the same encrouagement to each of those guys. 

For Kam, thanks for not continuing with the back and forth!

For mavsluvr, EVERYONE loves your contribution and wants you here. Please take Kam's words as a statement from a poster who was upset by y'alls interaction and not as a request from the Mods. It would be sad for everyone to miss out on friendship with you and on your contributions to the community based on a dust up you had with one poster. Please stay and hang out with us. And if you need to discuss any frustration or feel that we handled this all wrong (which is always possible), then PM me, or heck, tell us in this thread. We can hash it out together.
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 4 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • BackToSquareOne, DallasMaverick, Kammrath, michaeltex
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread