Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MISSING: Mavsluvr (his last picture)
(01-10-2022, 03:25 PM)Dahlsim Wrote: Yeah, I didn't see it at all so with the missing @"mavsluvr" recaps and then this thread I became curious and went back to look it up.  Uh, yeah, looks like an unfortunate misunderstanding of a simple joke that went from light hearted to being interpreted as personal way too quickly.  Sad  

I mean he was evidently asked to leave at one point?  Here's to hoping it can get buried as we seeing a very exciting uptick in the Mavs season? 

Missing Luvr as well - Luvr is in his own league as a poster! We learn a lot from his posts that make us extract/understand more from watching the Mavs games and this way contributes to far better entertainment for us fans. Everyone else in this form also contributes to this particular effect, and should also be acknowledged. For everyone, in any sport, or any other business in fact, performing their craft at an exceptional level, it is a general rule-of-thumb that this will co-correlate with additional polarizing effect and bring much stronger reaction/opinions from others. Luka is actually another example, gaining an extra kilogram and was suddenly called "fat" - yet we are getting convincing evidence these last games that this was not true and that most likely this was in large part indeed injury related. Djokovic is another one that we saw in media lately. Not saying in general that the elite guys are perfect at what they do on as well off the court, but there is a clear tendency IMO when you are great at something that this alone will make others react with much stronger opinions/reactions and often even enlarge small things at what they did/do to the absolute outer extremes.

Dahl, also re-read that same thread. All Luvr did was not agreeing with the unfair criticism of Luka - which is completely fair, and he did it in a completely normal non-personal way as a small polite joke. And this in turn brought up a very strong personal reaction. Given my other examples above with others that are great at what they do, it can even be considered as a normal reaction, and looking from this direction nobody is to blame here.

Dahl, my hope is also, and I truly believe in this, that as Luka and Djokovic use this as an inspiration to perform even better, I do hope Luvr will as well. I am totally optimistic for this season - both from the forum side and the team performance and there are some encouraging signs of improvements. I think we all are gaining momentum at the right time and Mavs might have a chance going really far this season!
[-] The following 1 user Likes burekemde's post:
  • Dahlsim
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread