Poll: Will Brunson be a Mav in November
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
54.84%
17 54.84%
No
45.16%
14 45.16%
Total 31 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Brunson be a Mav in November?
(07-17-2021, 08:51 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: That´s what the Mavs need if they want to take the next step. Players that are to good for their role. Contenders have starting caliber player coming of the bench. More often than not on rookie deals (like Brunson) or vet min/MLE/BAE ring chasers.

I don’t disagree. Of course it’s just that a contending team would also preferably have starting caliber players good in their roles. 

Brunson being *A* super productive / consistent guy off the bench is awesome. 

Brunson being *THE* most productive / consistent guy on the entire team (besides Luka) and also coming off the bench is not so awesome — which says more about the team than Brunson. 

Can the Mavs really add/develop 4 starters great in their roles this off season so Brunson can stay in his role? 

Remains to be seen I suppose. I’m optimistic (and the Mavs kinda have no choice at the moment …) so I’ll go ahead and pencil in KP as 1 starter we’ve already got. It’s questionable if he’ll EVER truly be consistent as a great starter (in terms of minutes played) so he comes with a bit of a asterisk — which will require the Mavs to keep multiple above-average bigs on the roster like WCS, Diamond, etc. This is unfortunate since KP’s salary is already huge and will probably always have to be supplemented with quality back-ups for the rest of his career, which takes up more roster spots and cap space. 

Where do we get THREE more guys to start and have better (or at least equal) production and consistency than Brunson? 

Even if we optimistically convince ourselves, thanks to Luka’s GOAT-ness,  one of those guys can be a DFS type who doesn’t necessarily produce numbers but does all the intangible ‘glue guy’ stuff — it still leaves us short 2 whole awesome, consistent, productive starters. 

Pls save us Nico. Just do it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mak's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Will Brunson be a Mav in November? - by omahen - 07-16-2021, 05:00 AM
RE: Will Brunson be a Mav in November? - by cow - 07-16-2021, 04:04 PM
RE: Will Brunson be a Mav in November? - by Mak - 07-17-2021, 08:47 PM
RE: Will Brunson be a Mav in November? - by Mak - 07-20-2021, 08:20 AM
RE: Will Brunson be a Mav in November? - by cow - 07-20-2021, 01:36 PM