Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Pippen interview with Dan Patrick
For me, he seems as bitter as he can be and it seems like he may have hit that bourbon before the interview.

I totally understand why Scottie was mad at Kukoc getting the final shot, but to make it about race is way over the top in my opinion.  And his reasons?  His one big mic drop reason to back it up was Phil's tell-all book on Kobe?  Yeah, that proves Phil is a jerk, but Phil was a jerk to a lot of people of all skin colors.  And "well, i know and you don't" with no explanation?  That's a kind of assassination job on Phil with no real evidence.  I mean, give something credible as an example and not the "well, you just don't know" --- that's usually the weak answer from someone who isn't sure that their proof is really proof...and if the Kobe book was his slamdown...then it's probably not.

That game Scottie was shooting like crap and Kukoc had only missed one shot all game (if I remember that right).  (and he's already on record that he didn't like Kukoc when he came in the league).  That's kind of weak...because that is easily just disloyalty to get a book sold by Phil, but racism?  That doesn't make sense.

To call MJ basically a fraud for passing Kerr the ball and acting like he was okay with it, just being for the camera.  Whet would have happened if Kerr missed it?  They would have been gone and what would Jordan have looked like then?  A coward who wouldn't take the last shot?  That doesn't even make sense for a control freak like Jordan to bet his legacy on Kerr when he didn't believe in it, just to get a sound bite on camera, for a video that might not even be made if Kerr doesn't make it....and to have that foresight and gall, in the moment, since that literally was shot in the huddle in real time....that's COMPLETELY off form the control freak we've all seen Jordan to be for...well, ever. 

To also say that Jordan only came back because the Bulls were doing great without him and he didn't want it to look like they could do it without him?   That's a real stretch.   I mean, they were 55-27 in the first year without Jordan, but they lost in the semi-finals that year, but the next season, when he came back in March, they were barely above .500 when Jordan came back in '95...they weren't just killing it like Scottie made it sound.

MVP?  I was watching ball then, and how was Scottie an MVP?  David Robinson led the league in scoring -- the Hawks and Knicks were ahead of the Bulls in the East..  The Sonics and the Rockets with Hakeem (who was MVP) were tops in the league in record...  I didn't see a whole lot of noise for Scottie as MVP?  He was in the conversation but NEVER was the favorite at all.  He was sitting behind Olajuwon, Robinson (who led the league in scoring and had the same record as the Bulls)...

I mean, this whole interview sounds like a lot of revisionist history and sour grapes and I REALLY REALLY like Scottie Pippen...it's sad that he's decided to go out like this to sell some chips, some bourbon and a book.  He must really be on hard times.

I am waiting for Shaquille, MJ, Kerr and others to respond whether or not Phil Jackson was a racist.... I will reserve my final judgment until I hear from all of them.  Maybe he was?  But Scottie sounded a whole lot more bitter than he did credible...
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Pippen interview with Dan Patrick - by TXBamanut - 06-28-2021, 11:23 AM
RE: Pippen interview with Dan Patrick - by TXBamanut - 06-28-2021, 01:38 PM
RE: Pippen interview with Dan Patrick - by omahen - 06-28-2021, 03:41 PM
RE: Pippen interview with Dan Patrick - by cow - 06-29-2021, 10:13 PM