Poll: Simmons for KP straight up, do you pull the trigger?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
58.62%
34 58.62%
no
41.38%
24 41.38%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let´s have a poll: KP for Simmons straight up - are you in?
(06-22-2021, 01:59 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I think it is more accurate to say he was 1 of the many main reasons they lost.

I would go so far as to say that Simmons wasn't one of the main reasons why they lost. He did his job. He held Trae to <40% shooting from the field for the entire series. He averaged 9 apg for the entire series on 2 turnovers per game. 

The 76ers then asked Ben to be their closer. To create a shot for himself. He is NOT that. He has never been that.  That has been obvious for a long time and I truly don't understand the vitriol being slung to Simmons as if we've all just learned he can't shoot. 

Again. Simmons did EXACTLY what he was supposed to do. He limited their offensive superstar to 5-23 of the game. He didn't turn the ball over while running the offense well. But Philly asked him to do more. 

Asking Simmons to close the game out would be akin to the Warriors asking Draymond Green to do the same thing, which we all know would be ludicrous. And if a coaching staff puts his players in that sort of position the blame falls on them. Rivers once again proves himself as a useless coach in dire situations.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let´s have a poll: KP for Simmons straight up - are you in? - by SleepingHero - 06-22-2021, 03:33 PM