Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: RoCo to HOU | Capela to ATL | ATL 1st to MIN | HOU 1st to DEN
Morey essentially said on a Bill Simmons podcast at the start of the season that he thinks the future of basketball is without a center.  Teams will just put their 5 best players on the floor and figure it out.   He's walking the walk.

(02-05-2020, 10:54 AM)matt6715 Wrote: The more I think about it, the more I want the Mavs to keep the Golden State pick and ride it out.  Having two picks between 20 and 35 can be great ammo for a draft day deal, or simply make the picks and try to find some cost-controlled contibutors.  Whenever drafts are labelled "weak", that usually means there is value to be found further back because everyone is flattened out.  I always think about Jokic and Gobert who were products of "weak" drafts.  If you scout properly you can hit on an impact guy.

Trade the Lee expiring for Marvin Williams, and I'm good.   There isn't a trade out there that puts us ahead of the Lakers or Bucks, and there's more way more buyers than sellers at this deadline over-inflating the cost of talent.   Save all trade and draft capital for the offseason. That Warriors 2nd round pick isn't something you throw away out of desperation. Trading back from the 37th pick for 2 future seconds that landed Delon Wright and Willie Cauley Stein.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: RoCo to HOU | Capela to ATL | ATL 1st to MIN | HOU 1st to DEN - by HanspardsShowerVoice - 02-05-2020, 11:41 AM