Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
INJURY: DPowell w/ achilles | DP likely to be w/ 1st unit
(01-21-2020, 11:21 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I want to know if the Mavs had any information on a minor injury prior to the game. He hit the floor untouched two times before the injury.
3rd time he tore his achilles.

Interesting you mention the falls. I remember the first at the beginning of the game. I thought the second fall was THJ or DFS (can’t remember which). Either way when Powell went down with the Achilles, my first reaction was “what’s up with all the unassisted falls tonight?”.   Think the others were just coincidental, and I don’t remember hearing about an injury pre-game. 

Too bad for the kid. A solid player for us, and a genuinely good guy.  Hope he can make it back early next season. Don’t like what we would possibly have to give up to get another big, because as others have mentioned, not only did we lose depth at a position of need, we lost an asset. Perhaps we can catch a break on a salary dump with our trade exception.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: INJURY: Dwight Powell w/ torn right achilles (season ending) - by OBX Maverick - 01-22-2020, 01:00 AM