Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 20: Utah Jazz (7-14) vs. Dallas Mavericks (12-8) | 97-147 WIN!!!!!!!!
(12-08-2023, 10:52 AM)Nowitzki Way Wrote: I agree with the guy above. i dont see it with OMax. At all. 

I'm usually fooled by young talent. i think all of our guys are going to be great.  I started watching Mavs bball back in 92-93.  I've seen plenty of busts that i saw something that fooled me their rookie year. From guys like Samaki Walker and Tony Dumas to Courtney Alexander, Mo Ager, Dominique Jones, Ricky Ledo, Shane Larkin, and Jared Cunningham. 

I saw stuff in spares like that. I absolutely do not see anything serviceable in OMax. Yes he hustles and plays hard. He flashes defensive potential. But from my very amateur eye, i'm not seeing an NBA player here. 

This is one thing i do not want to be correct about. So i'm pulling for the kid and hope he has a successful career. Here or wherever.

Well, according to your own post, your track record isn't great, right? 

Did you watch O-Max in college at all? Did you like the way he bothered Chet Holmgren the other night? Man, I sure did. The whole "he can guard 1-5" thing gets thrown around a lot nowadays, but in O-Max's case, I think it's actually TRUE. 

I think he's going to be a stud, and I don't think he's as raw as some people claim (key word being "as"). 

But, hey, I've been wrong before, too. I was pretty convince Patrick Williams would be a steal for Chicago at #4, and picking him turned out to be an extinction-level-event for this entire era of their team. Well, that and Ball's injury.

I will HAPPILY buy up everyone's land on O-Max island. Name your prices, friends!
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game 20: Utah Jazz (7-14) vs. Dallas Mavericks (12-8) | 97-147 WIN!!!!!!!! - by KillerLeft - 12-08-2023, 11:21 AM