Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 20: Utah Jazz (7-14) vs. Dallas Mavericks (12-8) | 97-147 WIN!!!!!!!!
(12-07-2023, 09:27 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: I was thinking about Kessler too.   I saw on Reddit someone say he was injured to start the year and also lost confidence with Team USA.   Something to monitor but he didn't look nearly as imposing as he was last year.

Utah still has a ton of picks coming, but the shine has worn off a little about being one of the "next" teams.   Lauri is really good, but they still need a lot of "A" talent.   Even Minny has played well and that trade doesn't look awful at the moment as Gobert has been playing really well.   

I really wonder if there is some reflection that they did not embrace the tank last year.   Tough to do with Lauri playing so well and the start they got off to.   But, they are sort in an odd position now.

Yeah, Utah played surprisingly well last season, but they traded most of their talent at TDL, because they were no where near ready. I think they will go more or less full tank this season, although SA, Detroit and Washington will be hard to "beat".

(12-07-2023, 09:31 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: I think the shot is going to be an issue all year.   It is not a one year fix.  But I think the Mavs knew that.  On offense, he is a little out of sorts.  Especially when he needs to go get the ball.    It just looks odd right now.  He seems comfortable grabbing a board and going with it though.  The half court offense looks off.  

The key for playing time right now is knowing the defensive rotations, playing good man defense and finding ways to impact the game without having plays called for him (cutting, rebounding, etc).   I think we may see him get chances slowly.  Even if it is only 10-15 minutes by the end of the year (and probably then be out of the playoff rotation when that comes).   It would be great if he earned that role this year and going into next year working for a bigger role.  Minutes are tight though so he will really need to earn those minutes and gain trust in the staff.

The thing that bothers me with him on offense is that he "complicates". His only task is to stand in the corner, shoot an open shot or pass it if it isn't there. But he is rarely taking the shot and almost always deciding for a couple of half measured dribbles towards the paint which are not an aggresive drive. Basically totally needless dribbles.
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game 20: Utah Jazz (7-14) vs. Dallas Mavericks (12-8) | 97-147 WIN!!!!!!!! - by omahen - 12-07-2023, 09:38 AM