Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 4: Chicago Bulls (2-3) vs. Dallas Mavericks (4-0) | 105-114 WIN!!!!!
(11-01-2023, 10:26 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Kidd really deserves some credit for that decision.  Hardy down the stretch over THJ and DJJ?  It actually makes sense when you think about how they just kept doubling and beating up Luka the entire night.  Kidd needed another player who could create their own shot.  Hardy wasn’t perfect, but did some smart things.  It was encouraging.

The Rook with 33 minutes?  What.  So that’s what an Offensive Rebound looks like.

Josh is not playing with the same joy as years past.  Contract stuff?  Starting stuff?  Other stuff?

Kidd absolutely deserves credit for this. And I agree with your observation on Josh. In the first game he had some nice midrange moments. He needs to work on incorporating that in-between game as he has a nice touch and has improved at decelerating and changing speeds— which has always been a challenge for him. 

I would still love to see him coming around the top of the key on a dribble handoff. I DO think it’s incumbent upon the coaching staff to put players in their best spots to succeed, even if that means some growing pains as they learn. Green has drifted back to being just a spot up player and it doesn’t play to his full array of gifts. Some of that is no doubt on Green, you can almost see him thinking too much. But the coaching staff needs to get him comfortable handling the ball again and making the right reads again. He has shown that he has the ability to be a playmaker. And like Dan pointed out about needing Hardy as another ball handler, it applies equally to Josh. Especially since he’s looking like a regular closer for us, something Hardy’s size and defense will preclude him from being for awhile yet.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 11-01-2023, 08:40 PM
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 11-01-2023, 09:33 PM
RE: Game 4: Chicago Bulls (2-3) vs. Dallas Mavericks (4-0) | 105-114 WIN!!!!! - by MarkAguirreWrathofGod - 11-02-2023, 12:27 AM