Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
X's and O's: An Ongoing Discussion of the Exquisite Art of Basketball
(11-30-2022, 10:53 AM)F Gump Wrote: This is an interesting article on the dynamics of roster-building in relation to big men, mostly focused on what CLE is doing. But it also includes mentions of other teams who are doing it differently than the small ball trend.

This may be applicable to the Mavs as a template - or it may be applicable as something to consider that you might have to deal with.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/3514...n-position

Thanks for posting this.  Interesting that the Cav’s can be 7th in O-Rating league-wide with two bigs that don’t hit 3’s.  It helps that Garland, Mitchell and Love are killing it from 3 right now.

I think this points out the need for flexibility if you don’t have a dominant situation up front (and we certainly don’t).  Need to cover one kind of team one night and something completely different the next.  It is so interesting to try to figure out what kind of addition would help this team the most.  Some think that third creator, but Luka and SD are pretty darn good as a top two.  Some think wings, but there is a lot of potential in DFS/Green and with THJ and Bullock on the roster, the opportunity for minutes is very limited.  To me, I’d probably pay up for a starting level big.  The combo of Powell/Wood/Maxi with some minutes from DFS at the four, seems like the bigger hole.
[-] The following 2 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • BoredAssistant, F Gump
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: X's and O's: An Ongoing Discussion of the Exquisite Art of Basketball - by DanSchwartzgan - 11-30-2022, 12:08 PM