Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cavs are ready to listen to trade offers for Love? (Love prefers Blazers?)
I mentioned trading for Love in a different thread last week. The issue brought up besides fit, was salary match. If we don't include Hardaway in the trade it would take adding too many players to match salary. With roster numbers in such becoming an issue for Cleveland with so many incoming.

That was last week when Hardaway was on his hot streak, and most of us were probably rethinking the idea of trading THJ.  I wanted to trade Powell, Lee and pieces for Love so we could just replace Powell on the team with Love. He offers better shooting and better rebounding then Powell.

But now that a few more games have gone by, THJ has regressed back to his original form. And Powell is starting to look more like they guy they extended.  I'm a little more optimistic then others on Love's fit here. I can see him fitting in nicely by sliding into that starting spot of Powell's. He offers more than Powell in every role we are asking him to fill. Besides the rim running, Love is a better shooter, better rebounder, stronger post defender.

At this point I'd rather include THJ in the trade and slide Powell to the bench. That makes our bench stronger. But if we don't receive someone else in return like Clarkson then i'm assuming Curry, Wright, or Brunson slides back into the starting lineup. Which would open up bench minutes for none other than Rick's favorite NBA player, JJB.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cavs are ready to listen to trade offers for Love? - by Nowitzki Way - 12-07-2019, 09:48 AM