Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IZTOK ON KIDD'S DEFENSIVE SYSTEM AND THE ROSTER
(12-07-2021, 03:28 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I think you're trying to make a point with this. And I'm certainly not against the sarcasm. But I'm not clear on the point. Are you saying that the Olympics are are a reasonable exception? I might buy that if you are. 

I think it should at least be taken into account, for heaven's sake. 

But if he deserved a good sized break because of 2 condensed NBA seasons, and a hard core Olympic run (I'm sure he did deserve it), I'd still like to see him get the diet and conditioning thing worked out in general.

Yeah, for sure. 

Oh, wait. Or did you just use a distraction technique! That almost worked!!!! You're good, you.

So, back to Dirk. Was he "known to show up out of shape"? Or did he do it just once in 20 years?

I don't know. What does it matter? Once was too much! Perfection is required!

The point I was trying to make is that even the best of players can and do show up rating an 85 or 90 instead of 100 on the conditioning scale, for all sorts of reasons, many of which make sense. It doesn't necessarily mean they're beneath contempt. 

It seems to me that if you're lucky enough to have a generational talent on your roster, you take into account the circumstances, and try to help the guy out. But I realize after this discussion that a lot of people vehemently disagree with that, at least when it comes to conditioning!

Okay. NBD. That's what makes horse races. 

P.S. Fif, have you noticed how I keep heeding your admonition not to be a bore yammering about all that it's-cuban's-fault stuff? Even though I have really wanted to numerous times! Thanks for keeping me on the straight and narrow, pal!
[-] The following 1 user Likes mavsluvr's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: IZTOK ON KIDD'S DEFENSIVE SYSTEM AND THE ROSTER - by mavsluvr - 12-07-2021, 03:44 PM