Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IZTOK ON KIDD'S DEFENSIVE SYSTEM AND THE ROSTER
(12-07-2021, 01:50 PM)fifteenth Wrote: More response? I'm on my lunch break, so I'm your huckleberry!

As posters, I guess we continue to share our thoughts with each other. I'm a big believer that part of the way we humas make progress is via healthy discussion. 

I'd say "no" to fining or banishing him. I have no idea what it takers to "get through to him". Usually helping folks reach their goals and dreams requires relationsihp. So I hope that the Mavs are building great relationships, speaking the truth in love and offering practical action items while having realistic expectations that they're in this for the long haul and that Luka, at 22, might not be able to do a 180 degree turn over night. 

If they're working with him on diet and conditioning, then I'm not sure what else they can do. HOW they work with Luka is probably key. And we don't know much about that. I hope they're bringing a good mix of encouragement, motivation and practical expertise to the table. 

I do think we shouldn't confuse what the Mavs should do with what a message board should do. Message board discussions happen over days, weeks, months and years. Comments from posters that seem over the top often result in great responses that bring more nuance to the discussion and round off some of the rough edges of the "over the top" posts. Posts that push the discussion to more extremes can often offer something to the discussion that the more "reasonable" posts don't offer. It appears to me that our discussion about Luka has a trajectory and that all the different perspectives are mixing together to create a fairly robust conversation. Ultimately none of us can do anything for Luka except talk about him. 

It doesn't. So we talk about Luka. And we talk about all the other stuff. Fortunately, the Mavs problems are manifold and multifaceted so that we have plenty to talk about! :-) 

I hope that's true and that they do a good job coaching the youngster up!

My concern about Luka's conditioning and his carrying extra weight has a little to do with how he plays, be even more to do with being greedy, and wanting another 20 year superstar career. That might just be me. 

Yes, for sure! Completely agree!!! I don't think the forum thinks Luka's conditioning is the only problem that needs to be fixed. And if the F.O. thinks that Luka's conditioning is the only problem that needs to be fixed, then we better go ahead and find the next front office!

Thanks for all the responses, fif. Good answers!
[-] The following 1 user Likes mavsluvr's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: IZTOK ON KIDD'S DEFENSIVE SYSTEM AND THE ROSTER - by mavsluvr - 12-07-2021, 02:55 PM