Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IZTOK ON KIDD'S DEFENSIVE SYSTEM AND THE ROSTER
(12-07-2021, 12:58 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: I am not arguing that, but what do we want them to do that they aren't doing?

Also, this isn't to excuse Luka, but let's not pretend that all the highly paid players in the league keep themselves in pristine shape 365 day/year. Guys typically are in better shape, excluding injuries, after they have played for a while than they are on the first day of training camp. Yes, there are a few guys like LeBron, who devotes his life to keeping his body in top condition all the time. But getting better conditioned with training camp and playing is pretty much a way of life in the NBA. The guys mostly stay in shape, but not necessarily in peak shape, off season. Including the max players. Yes, it might be better if Luka had a LeBron-like obsession with his body. But he doesn't. So do the Mavs try to help him, or banish him from the team in disgust?

This is just not true. You are so off base here and now I see why there is a huge difference of opinion between a few of us. 

Kobe used to bulk up in the off season stating the the rigors of the season would cause some muscle loss and he was trying to counter that.  Many others keep themselves in very good shape.  The 70s and 80s are where people used to play themselves into shape. Those days are gone now in every sport. Tell me one high paying professional sports where fitness is not a year round thing? 

Also it seems very unlike you to make an immature comment about Bron’s obsession with his body. This is a guy who has been under a bigger microscope from a younger age than Luka and has always taken care of his body. It is not to be on a Mr Universe cover but to be the best player he can be. Plus that helped him play well on both ends of the court as well and look at the load this guy carried with all his playoff runs.  Whatever Bron’s other flaws, Luka can certainly learn about the correlation between fitness and performance from Bron.
[-] The following 1 user Likes hakeemfaan's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: IZTOK ON KIDD'S DEFENSIVE SYSTEM AND THE ROSTER - by hakeemfaan - 12-07-2021, 02:17 PM