Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IZTOK ON KIDD'S DEFENSIVE SYSTEM AND THE ROSTER
(12-07-2021, 01:00 PM)fifteenth Wrote: @"mavsluvr", I just think 

1) Luka should start the season in shape because I think it being put of shape and carrying extra weight can lead to injury and a.shorter prime;

2) I'm not sure what the Mavs can do other than coach and encourage him to do the right thing for the sake of his career;

3) I don't believe that extra weight from fat makes one stronger,.though it can make one harder to move, which could be beneficial. But I don't think many (here, at least) are advocating for Luka to lose a lot of weight. "Be in shape and lose the extra weight" doesn't have to mean "lose a lot of weight". He was hard to move last season, and he was carrying less extra weight.

I must not be asking my questions very well, because I don't seem to be getting much in the way of response. (Thank you for your answer #2, which was a response.)

I am not arguing with you about your positions. Yes, it would have been better if Luka had come into camp already in shape. But he didn't, so where do we go from here? Do they help him try to get in shape, and/or do they fine him or suspend him or banish him from the team? Are we saying that's what it takes to get through to him? 

If he is carrying extra weight from fat, that's not a good thing, and I am glad that they are working together on diet/exercise/conditioning. I hope that he reaches their mutual goal. Is there something else that should be happening? 

Luka should get himself in top condition. He would probably play a little better. But how does that solve, or even paper over, the Mavs' apparent collapse from so many angles? Tbh, what I perceive is that (1) the problem has been acknowledged and is being addressed by the player and the team, and (2) Luka's elimination of a little extra body fat is not going to do much to change the fortunes of this ailing organization, and (3) I hope that the coaching staff/front office/owner don't think that Luka's conditioning is the only or the major thing that needs addressing to salvage this season and the time they have with this generational talent on their roster.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: IZTOK ON KIDD'S DEFENSIVE SYSTEM AND THE ROSTER - by mavsluvr - 12-07-2021, 01:16 PM