Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IZTOK ON KIDD'S DEFENSIVE SYSTEM AND THE ROSTER
(12-07-2021, 12:39 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: There are fans who think the team would benefit substantially if Luka lost a lot of weight. He would be faster and more agile. The Mavs think he would also be smaller and weaker.

Correct, the Mavs don't want Luka at a lower weight, but I would bet a lot of money they would prefer the weight he is at to be muscle weight and NOT fat weight. 

The issue with Luka from my seat:

1) He is not out of breath. Don't see anyone claiming he is on here. 

2) He is a step (or two) slower than two years ago (his dunks and shots at the rim are at a career, four year low which should not be the case for a 22 year old). I do not think that is because of extra weight, but because of extra fat (and also some due to current team spacing and struggles). 

3) Luka needs to be strong (that is a key and essential part of his game) and that requires muscle (not fat). And when his weight is all "good weight" he will ALSO be his quickest self. 

So for me this is about the kind of weight he is carrying. Luka needs to be strong and his current weight may be the perfect size for him. But he needs that weight to be muscle for maximum strength, quickness, explosiveness, and durability.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • hakeemfaan
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: IZTOK ON KIDD'S DEFENSIVE SYSTEM AND THE ROSTER - by Kammrath - 12-07-2021, 12:58 PM