Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IZTOK ON KIDD'S DEFENSIVE SYSTEM AND THE ROSTER
(12-06-2021, 04:55 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I think this take depends a little on speculation, but I don't think it's ridiculous. There's reason enough to guess at this, maybe. Luka is definitely more...confident, let's say...right now than Dirk ever was. 

But, and I'm just playing Devil's Advocate here, a similar argument can be made the opposite way. If I had one criticism of Dirk, it would be that he didn't have enough of an "I'm superior to everyone around me on either team" mentality. I think an increase in this type of thinking would have made him better during his prime, especially during the later rounds of the playoffs. 

I agree with you that Luka's personality presents different problems, but if the team can get past this current stage of building (where they've been stuck for 2-3 years now) then I think they might take the last couple of steps faster than Dirk's Mavs did, and I think that specifically because of Luka's personality.

Luka has GREAT parts to his demeanor and personality that are superior to Dirk's IMO, no question. I think Luka has a MUCH higher ceiling than Dirk had....like top 3 ALL TIME with MJ and Lebron. 

And yes I am speculating, but it is speculation based on 3+ years of observation. Hearing Luka talk about things, take verbal responsibility, recognize a problem....and then keep seeing it with almost no growth or improvement.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: IZTOK ON KIDD'S DEFENSIVE SYSTEM AND THE ROSTER - by Kammrath - 12-06-2021, 05:00 PM