Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IZTOK ON KIDD'S DEFENSIVE SYSTEM AND THE ROSTER
It is clear that new schemes are being tried on both offense and defense. This is always growing pain for a team. This means change in movements and long periods of adapting to that, and sign is chaotic moments, which we havent seen during RC. Sometimes a player gets out of position, due to the new scheme as the entire team is not ready for that, but that many times is due to the player before being out of position a bit less, and that on other hand is because of the player before is out of position even less. It acccumulates. Its hard to single out players due to this. Some players in the scheme will be asked more of, and some less, and that is also a factor.

The key to winning in my view, is to design the system that fits your players. Not to design a system  that you know and finding players to suit that. For this the key as a coach to know many different systems and schemes, and find the one best suited for your players, against that your opponent you are playing.

My view of Kidd so far is that he is trying some new schemes he knows well. Some of that tends to work, but a lot of times not. I dont have yet that impression that he knows how to adapt the scheme to play against the particular opponent and adjust. Also he is trying a lot of things, but I dont have impression he is learning from that what is working and not and that he will be able to replicate the good things. But I hope i'm wrong.

Ultimately this team just doesn't have talent level enough to contend, no matter if you bring the best coach in history. Who is that Red Auerbach maybe? Not a chance with this squad. Besides Luka that is worthy of multiple championships, there are just not many players that could start/play significant roles for such a team playing with consistency that Luka does. Maybe KP or Brunson I view as capable. The rest are just not at the desire level.
[-] The following 1 user Likes burekemde's post:
  â€¢ Paul Gasol
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: IZTOK ON KIDD'S DEFENSIVE SYSTEM AND THE ROSTER - by burekemde - 12-06-2021, 02:59 PM