Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 2.5 pt RAPTOR dogs & 1.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
83.33%
10 83.33%
Spurs
16.67%
2 16.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 8: DAL (5-3) @ SAS (2-6) | 109-108 win
Ok. Speaking of sitting on something for a year I really hate the term “Fat Luka “. It is so derogatory! It certainly doesn’t help Luka stay loyal to the Mavericks. It is really stupid on our part as fans.
Does he care? Probably not much. He probably understands fans. But why, why do we have to repeatedly use such descriptions. 

If we grant the conclusion that many believe that he could start the season in better shape, just for sake of argument, that still doesn’t change the most important point. We need him to do too much and he is the highest usage player in the league. I say no one has ever succeeded in winning a title carrying that big of a usage rate though Jordan certainly tried. No one can be in that good of shape physically or emotionally. 

I would point out that J Kidd seems to believe Luka needs a lighter load and they are working on doing just that with Luka seeming to try to adjust. I am watching with interest with no need for conclusions yet.
[-] The following 3 users Like ReunionMav's post:
  • ballsrchr, Halfnir, omahen
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 8: DAL (5-3) @ SAS (2-6) | 109-108 win - by ReunionMav - 11-04-2021, 02:40 PM