Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 2.5 pt RAPTOR dogs & 1.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
83.33%
10 83.33%
Spurs
16.67%
2 16.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 8: DAL (5-3) @ SAS (2-6) | 109-108 win
(11-03-2021, 10:49 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: One thing the Mavs haven´t solved is the defense/offense balance. Same trend as last season. Go smaller. With single big lineups or another small ballhandler in the lineup (Brunson) and the defense isn´t looking nearly as good. On the other hand the offense is looking way better.
Don´t think there is a lot the coaches can do to change that. They just have to make the best possible pre and in game adjustments. The solution (in my opinion a big starting calliber forward) isn´t on the roster right now.
Maybe a more consistent version of Frank could help a little bit to compensate for the lack of playmaking in the bigger lineups. Lack of interior defense in the smaller lineups.

I think the real issue is that our top two bigs are injury prone.  We traded out KP for Brunson.  That will obviously hit your defense.  That big starting forward is Maxi in my opinion.  Last year the starting lineup with KP and Maxi dominated.  They would have been even better if KP and Maxi were not struggling with defense for various reasons.  If those guys were healthy, I would expect that lineup to be even better this year (KP and Maxi showed better defense and you would be replacing JRich with THJ or Bullock or Brunson or even Frank).
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 8: DAL (5-3) @ SAS (2-6) | 109-108 win - by mvossman - 11-04-2021, 11:37 AM