Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you have done as GM that would have gotten you an A+ this off-season?
(08-08-2021, 01:32 PM)omahen Wrote: I can't see Luka being able to play 40+ minutes of off the charts offensive basketball, with all the weight on his shoulders to create for the team. I think sooner or later he would fall of the cliff. Perhaps as we saw in the Olympics. That's why I think only a good secondary facilitator could make a difference. Even one as Dragic, coming of the bench. Plus he needs a vet leader. Luka is not mature enough yet.

I agree. 

Make the team as "Luka-friendly" as you want. Give him shooters, defenders and athletes. This is a good approach, and it should be a huge part of the thinking here. 

But, in the playoffs, my opinion is that no matter how successful that approach is, it will fail at some point when he has to beat multiple teams who employ three of the top four players in the series. It's just too much to ask of any one player, and it seems to me that it's exactly why so many star players choose to leave their teams and search for success elsewhere.
[-] The following 4 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • hakeemfaan, Jmaciscool, Mavs2021, omahen
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you have done as GM that would have gotten you an A+ this off-season? - by KillerLeft - 08-08-2021, 01:37 PM