Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you have done as GM that would have gotten you an A+ this off-season?
(08-07-2021, 06:45 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Where I depart from a lot of people is that I think we were closer than most here perceive.  “Closer” is a nebulous term.  People often retort that I’m nuts if I think we are a “Contender”…another nebulous term (I really like when people add “True” in front of “Contender” like that makes it more clear).  As I’ve said, if we had the marginal improvement of us having Batum or Crowder instead of them playing for LAC/Phoenix, I think we might have won two series last season (especially if we hadn’t had all the internal in-fighting).  I see Bullock instead of JRich as just such a move.  I really like us to win game six against the Clipps (with Kawhi) with that exchange.  Sterling has a chance to be helpful also.  Both are really good moves.

It does feel like we need one more piece (how good would it be if we had De’Andre Hunter or Patrick Williams to push someone to the bench and provide a slightly bigger frame at the 4/3 than what DFS provides).  Heck, imagine if we had done Crowder or Batum last summer to go with Bullock/Sterling this summer (never mind, that’s completely another topic).  But, more than anything, we need good KP back.  There isn’t any secondary playmaker who is going to make more of a difference than Good-KP makes.  And, there isn’t any secondary playmaker who can make up for Bad-KP.

I agree Mavs are close, but I don't agree with the pieces you listed. Mavs have to get a running mate for Luka as Hakeemfan noted. I agree it is very likely we would beat Clippers with that another wing. But then there would be Utah, than Phoenix and then Milwaukee. I can't see Luka being able to play 40+ minutes of off the charts offensive basketball, with all the weight on his shoulders to create for the team. I think sooner or later he would fall of the cliff. Perhaps as we saw in the Olympics. That's why I think only a good secondary facilitator could make a difference. Even one as Dragic, coming of the bench. Plus he needs a vet leader. Luka is not mature enough yet.
[-] The following 2 users Like omahen's post:
  • hakeemfaan, KillerLeft
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you have done as GM that would have gotten you an A+ this off-season? - by omahen - 08-08-2021, 01:32 PM