Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you have done as GM that would have gotten you an A+ this off-season?
Great series of posts, @"DanSchwartzgan"

(08-08-2021, 12:50 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Some here won’t be satisfied unless we add another top 10 NBA player, but what is the path?

Seems like, at the moment, there are two paths (maybe not to "top 10", but at least to "star":

1. Get KP back to unicorn status, and then if you still want to move off him because of fit, make a trade for another star who doesn't quite fit, or wants out.

2. A star player really wants to be here and orchestrates a way, with their agent and team, to get here.

But, I'm down with the making small changes approach, if those are the changes that are available and doable. There must be a how-to team building video or podcast out there (wouldn't be a book these days) because I keep seeing folks say this thing, "these small moves are finishing moves, not moves that a non-contending team like the Mavs should make." I reject that logic completely. Give me improvement. And then the contributors to our good team, if on fair contracts, can be traded if a star player wants to make his way to the Mavs. If not, you do your best in the meantime to win as much as you can.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • DallasBasketball
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you have done as GM that would have gotten you an A+ this off-season? - by fifteenth - 08-08-2021, 12:59 PM