Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you have done as GM that would have gotten you an A+ this off-season?
(08-07-2021, 02:12 PM)soog Wrote: So am I understanding this correctly - you aren’t actually disappointed by the performance of the MBT, you’re upset about what Cuban said…?

Of course I am dissapointed by MBT. They set goals for themselves and didn't deliver. If the goals would be different, so would the strategy have to be. Not going FA way or at least selling cap space for assets that would help improve the team later. But this would have to be accepted 3 seasons ago, now it was too late. Now the only way was to double down on free agency, that is why "recruiters" were given their jobs, imho. And they failed.

I was defending MBT after first couple of days. I was fine they went over the cap. But I hoped they have further deals lined up. Unfortunately it is more and more clear, that is not the case. I still don't get why JRich trade is a good one. He wasn't a locker room cancer and his expiring deal could be useful anytime. They went all in on Lowry - that was the only reason cap space was needed. But they lost. Now they have the TE and I really hope they will find a way to use it. If not, that contract was just another asset lost. If they don't use the TE it is basically the same as if they would bought him out.

(08-07-2021, 02:54 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Begs the question, why couldn’t we sign and trade for Fournier sending J Rich to Boston when we sent him there for the TPE anyways? 

Probably because either Mavs were not interested at all (and I understand why, since we have THJ) and/or because Fournier wanted to go to NY.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you have done as GM that would have gotten you an A+ this off-season? - by omahen - 08-07-2021, 02:56 PM