Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you have done as GM that would have gotten you an A+ this off-season?
(08-07-2021, 02:15 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: With Holmes, I believe (but can't prove) from reading that they did make a run at Holmes. My takeaway on him is that either A) he didn't want to be here and should be in your "locked into their destination (or at least not Mavs)" category, B) the Mavs don't think he abides by your rule #1, even on the deal he got, or C) they simply didn't like him enough to abandon the over the cap approach and use space on him. I could be misreading the situation, but that's how I feel right now. 

Fournier, I can see your point. And, you're fair enough to make it clear that he's basically in the same tier as THJ, but that you like Fournier better. You might be right about that, but for me, the idea that THJ has been here and part of the turnaround (so far) and that both he and the team wanted to stay together carries quite a bit of weight.

Holmes:

1) Mavs may not like him at the number I do.
2) He may not have been interested in leaving.
3) Mavs may have not wanted him with KP and DP still around.

Fournier:

1) I think he and THJ are same level players generally, but give EF the edge for his playmaking ability.
2) I get the Mavs wanting to be cheaper and get THJ, the KNOWN fit with Luka. 

So point being: Even the guys I am disappointed the Mavs didn't get, I still can see WHY they might think otherwise. And frankly I am just a fan who knows way less than them and has access to way less data. So I implicitly will give them the benefit of the doubt.

They addressed what I saw as the single greatest glaring issue (JR) and did it quickly and really well. They also didn't burn assets in getting Dragic. Nico has quickly earned my trust based on these two things.
[-] The following 2 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • KillerLeft, soog
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you have done as GM that would have gotten you an A+ this off-season? - by Kammrath - 08-07-2021, 02:22 PM