Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you have done as GM that would have gotten you an A+ this off-season?
(08-07-2021, 09:29 AM)chaparral Wrote: I'm hoping that Luka plays this game with the MBT next week.  Saying something like this - So you what me to sign this extension, tell me how you are going to improve the team this offseason.  Please don't tell me we are running the same team back from last season.

For me, I was hoping for 3 new starters, a new C, PF and G combo.  So yes, I was/am hoping they trade KP.  I would of used THJ money to fill another spot and then Bullock could replace JRich for the TPE as stated by Soog.  Also, anyone not named Luka can be traded in the "I'm King for a day plan".

What's happening now seems like Cuban hired a new GM/Coach and gave them the same rule book of how to operate.  So, here is hoping Luka takes up the King for a day task next week when sitting down w/Cubes, Dirk, Nico, Fin and Kidd.

LOL, I suspect that if that delegation is winging their way to Slovenia for a signing ceremony, the visit is not going to include a come-to-Jesus tirade by Luka. 

To your larger point, I think the bolded part appears to be accurate, based on what we have seen so far. I can't point to any negotiation mistakes (although we're not really in a position to know), but their ability to attract free agents and their dependency on that line of talent acquisition does not seem to have changed. 

I suspect that Luka signed off on an overall strategy before he went to the Olympics, and was maybe updated during. His public position is that he is staying out of the personnel matters, which is a good position for him to take vis-a-vis the media. I would imagine that any concerns he has over what they are doing will be relayed to the new brain trust, and probably already has been, to the extent they exist. 

Will he refuse to sign the extension over them running it back? I don't think so. Luka is probably realistic enough to realize that they aren't going to contend this season, no matter who they get or don't get (assuming Kawhi or LeBron or a game-changer like that doesn't show up on the doorstep). But, agree, the clock is ticking. Cuban can't assume Luka will have the extraordinary loyalty that Dirk did.
[-] The following 2 users Like mavsluvr's post:
  • audiosway, jesusshuttlesworth82
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you have done as GM that would have gotten you an A+ this off-season? - by mavsluvr - 08-07-2021, 10:02 AM