Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you have done as GM that would have gotten you an A+ this off-season?
(08-07-2021, 07:26 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: That is a tough question, but a fair one.    My plan for the offseason may not have worked because Derozan got more than I expected.   But my favorite path meant losing Hardaway, which would have hurt.   But I didn't see a path for improvement working around the edges.  And signing Hardaway meant we would be trying to improve around the edges.

So, Derozan as the secondary playmaker.   Danny Green/Batum as your 3 and D wing.   Lastly, a low cost PF type like Millsap or hopefully someone younger to split the PF minutes.

Would that have made us better?  Not sure.   But that was the best path I could come up with minus getting one of the top 5 free agents.

Derozan was definitely a possibility.  I think it could have worked but I’m no expert.  I imagine it would have had to have been a S&T still.  Would you have been willing to give him the $85/4 he got?  Depending on how the money worked would you have been willing to give up a future 1st to be able to sign your second guy?

And Batum was probably off of the table because he said he wanted to go back to LA before free agency started.

I’d probably be more excited about this though just because of the new more familiar names coming in.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you have done as GM that would have gotten you an A+ this off-season? - by soog - 08-07-2021, 08:36 AM