Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2020-2021 ROSTER TALK: Archived
It should be noted that Evan Massey is just a click-bait guy but a Hayward trade is not a crazy idea. Pacers probably make more sense than the Mavs but you never know. Pacers didn't want to pay him as much as the Hornets did.
Like Reply
Also rather than lose Brunson for nothing in a year how about we throw an aggressive cash + Brunson offer on the table if/when Knicks make Robinson an RFA. I think they will end up doing that because they have more cap space this year than they have big money players that want to come there. If MR is an RFA you can throw some money his way + offer up Brunson to Knicks so they don't match. I think Robinson could be your center for a very long time.
Like Reply
I want nothing to do with Hayward. The Hornets had their best season in years and he just signed a massive four year deal. Tells you everything you need to know about his injury status. It´s asking would you rather pay: the broken down 25 year old or the broken down 31 year old. I´d take my chances with the younger guy.
Like Reply
(06-18-2021, 04:01 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: I want nothing to do with Hayward. The Hornets had their best season in years and he just signed a massive four year deal. Tells you everything you need to know about his injury status. It´s asking would you rather pay: the broken down 25 year old or the broken down 31 year old. I´d take my chances with the younger guy.

Give me the shorter and more skilled guy if it is an either/or situation.
Like Reply
(06-18-2021, 04:01 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: I want nothing to do with Hayward. The Hornets had their best season in years and he just signed a massive four year deal. Tells you everything you need to know about his injury status. It´s asking would you rather pay: the broken down 25 year old or the broken down 31 year old. I´d take my chances with the younger guy.

Nah I disagree. I am okay if Mavs stick with KP but Hayward from a fit perspective is great, injury stuff is a wash with KP (both injury concerns), and when Hayward is healthy he plays like an actual star. Him and Luka would be such a dynamic duo offensively.

Contracts are also almost the same, though KP's is slightly more expensive later on. Michael Jordan is a terrible GM so there's hope the Mavs could strike a deal. We know Hornets want a center.
Like Reply
Hayward honestly is my new favorite idea bc he fixes the playmaker problem. I hope Mavs would move on from THJ and use that money for a defensive big which is honestly easier to find.
Like Reply
(06-18-2021, 04:05 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Hayward honestly is my new favorite idea bc he fixes the playmaker problem. I hope Mavs would move on from THJ and use that money for a defensive big which is honestly easier to find.

If you make that trade, you could probably still resign THJ and get a center.  If you operate under the cap, you can probably fit THJ and Holmes.  If you operate over the cap you can trade JRich for somebody over the cap and still spend the MLE.  There are a ton of guys you could go after in those slots.  Theis would be a good option as a center.

You could also get creative trading for a center.  Maybe Brunson+JRich+Burke for Turner or Adams.  Then you resign THJ and get a point guard with the MLE (maybe Dragic).
Like Reply
(06-18-2021, 04:26 PM)mvossman Wrote: If you make that trade, you could probably still resign THJ and get a center.  If you operate under the cap, you can probably fit THJ and Holmes.  If you operate over the cap you can trade JRich for somebody over the cap and still spend the MLE.  There are a ton of guys you could go after in those slots.  Theis would be a good option as a center.

You could also get creative trading for a center.  Maybe Brunson+JRich+Burke for Turner or Adams.  Then you resign THJ and get a point guard with the MLE (maybe Dragic).

DOIT
Like Reply
Brunson is a valuable trade chip tho, I'd want something really good if I give him up. Adams you can get for just J Rich.
Like Reply

I'll take the 6'8" guy with a foot sprain vs a 7'3" with chronic knee problems.
Like Reply
(06-18-2021, 10:43 AM)JamesConway Wrote: https://twitter.com/massey_evan/status/1...37732?s=21

Probably a name to watch.

I don't think he's going to be moved for role players.

CHA is looking to leverage Hayward into a better star. Hayward is fantastic but declining. And he always manages to be hurt EVERY year. He's worse than KP in terms of injuries. 

I'd love Hayward as long as it doesn't cost us KP.

That saying if the Mavs can find a way to swing Hayward/Turner/Brodgon (or Ball or someother solid guard), then sheeeeesh that's a squad.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Hayward is gonna be coveted by hometown Indy. KP/Hayward/Turner makes sooooooooooo much sense.
Like Reply
(06-18-2021, 06:20 PM)Jommybone Wrote: Hayward is gonna be coveted by hometown Indy. KP/Hayward/Turner makes sooooooooooo much sense.

I like the way you're thinking.
Like Reply
Time to bring back Nerlens Noel? Think of WCS but a much better player.
Like Reply
(06-18-2021, 06:33 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Time to bring back Nerlens Noel? Think of WCS but a much better player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXyDO27wbfE
Like Reply
(06-18-2021, 06:33 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Time to bring back Nerlens Noel? Think of WCS but a much better player.

I like that idea. What about Mitchell Robinson? I think he was rumored to be in a trade for Brunson since Knicks were interested in Brunson.
Like Reply
(06-18-2021, 04:03 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Nah I disagree. I am okay if Mavs stick with KP but Hayward from a fit perspective is great, injury stuff is a wash with KP (both injury concerns), and when Hayward is healthy he plays like an actual star. Him and Luka would be such a dynamic duo offensively.

Contracts are also almost the same, though KP's is slightly more expensive later on. Michael Jordan is a terrible GM so there's hope the Mavs could strike a deal. We know Hornets want a center.

Hayward has had 1 year where he's scored 20ppg. He's a nice player but he's never been a star. The things he does well, Luka does well and he likely won't ever get a chance to showcase that part of his game here. He never quite fit in with all the ball handlers in Boston. 

He isn't a #2 either. KP is a better scorer. KP is younger, KP has more upside. Contracts both suck. Hayward is more of an injury issue than KP.
If you are trading KP for guys like Hayward, you'd be better off just keeping KP and trying to rehab his game.
Like Reply
Would the Mavs and Pacers do this trade? :

Mavs get Myles Turner

Pacers get JRich, JBrunson, JGreen, WCS, 2 2nd round picks.
Like Reply
I go back and forth on whether or not I think Atlanta will let Collins go. I hope Maxi+another asset is able to get it done because he'd definitely be my target #1.
Like Reply
(06-18-2021, 09:32 PM)Branduil Wrote: I go back and forth on whether or not I think Atlanta will let Collins go. I hope Maxi+another asset is able to get it done because he'd definitely be my target #1.

Time to start theorizing KP in the Collins deal. Maybe he goes to a third team for a pick and pieces, some or all of which are appetizing to the Hawks.
Like Reply