Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2020-2021 ROSTER TALK: Archived
(06-11-2021, 10:44 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Reggie and Batum replaces JRich and THJ quite nicely honestly, and for probably less money too!

NO KIDDING
Like Reply
Honestly, could you get Tucker, Batum and Reggie for the same money we’re talking about paying JRich (opted in) and THJ?
Like Reply
I think some of these guys over 30 get way underpriced in the market bc half the league is always rebuilding with younger players. Give me Reggie Jacksons and Batums all day for way under market value than THJ for 20 million dollars.
Like Reply
(06-11-2021, 10:46 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Honestly, could you get Tucker, Batum and Reggie fir the same money we’re talking about paying JRich (opted in) and THJ?

Tucker is so old I have a feeling the way you get him is by being one of the 4 or 5 best teams in the league and Dallas sadly is not that (yet).
Like Reply
I know Ibaka was hurt but he would also be a good fit. Mavs could probably pretty easily sign Ibaka, Jackson, Batum with cap space. That's basically 3 Clippers starters that know how to play in the playoffs.

Luka, Jackson, DFS, KP, Batum or Ibaka in the starting front court. Who's with me??
Like Reply
$34M for Tucker, Batum and Reggie (can’t remember all the players we have to let go of to get to this number). Lose JRich and THJ (and anyone else we need to to get to that number)

KP comes back to prove fans and FOs wrong about him.

Luka/JB
Reggie/Green
DFS/Batum (or vice versa whoever wins the position)
Tucker/Maxi
KP/Powell

That team is an improvement over this year’s squad IMO.
Like Reply
Mavs could have a rotation like:

Luka/Brunson
Jackson/Green
DFS/rMLE wing
KP/Batum/Maxi
Ibaka/Powell
Like Reply
(06-11-2021, 10:55 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: $34M for Tucker, Batum and Reggie (can’t remember all the players we have to let go of to get to this number). Lose JRich and THJ (and anyone else we need to to get to that number)

KP comes back to prove fans and FOs wrong about him.

Luka/JB
Reggie/Green
DFS/Batum (or vice versa whoever wins the position)
Tucker/Maxi
KP/Powell

That team is an improvement over this year’s squad IMO.

I'd love Tucker on a 1 year if you can like money whip him a little bit. Otherwise I would try to get Ibaka even though its not 100% he could start next to KP.
Like Reply
(06-11-2021, 10:48 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: Tucker is so old I have a feeling the way you get him is by being one of the 4 or 5 best teams in the league and Dallas sadly is not that (yet).
His biggest beef was taking less money in Hou to help them get to a championship. They then gave up on winning. I think if you give him more money than others, he’ll take the money this time, esp since we are a playoff team now.
Like Reply
(06-11-2021, 10:57 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: I'd love Tucker on a 1 year if you can like money whip him a little bit. Otherwise I would try to get Ibaka even though its not 100% he could start next to KP.
I’d do 2 years with either TO or less guaranteed money on the second year. 

Tucker - $20M for 2 years, $4M guaranteed on second year.
Reggie and Batum - $36M for 3 years each, TO on 3rd year.
Like Reply
(06-11-2021, 11:07 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I’d do 2 years with either TO or less guaranteed money on the second year. 

Tucker - $20M for 2 years, $4M guaranteed on second year.
Reggie and Batum - $36M for 3 years each, TO on 3rd year.

Do it. Alternatively I would do Ibaka who I think might opt out for another deal. Zubac has kind of stolen his spot.
Like Reply
Batum, Jackson fix our guard, wing, playoff player problem. Then you find your best big option whether or not it involves a KP trade. Assuming KP is not traded you can still look at Ibaka, Nurkic, Theis, Adams, maybe Holmes (depending on money shed), Tucker as options.
Like Reply
Our 3rd string would need to be pretty good talent cause that is a lot of injury liability!
Like Reply
(06-11-2021, 11:28 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Our 3rd string would need to be pretty good talent cause that is a lot of injury liability!

Who isn't injury prone these days...
Like Reply
(06-11-2021, 12:41 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Who isn't injury prone these days...

Steven Adams for starters....
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(06-11-2021, 12:41 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Who isn't injury prone these days...

THJ and DFS are both iron af.
Like Reply
https://www.cleveland.com/cavs/2021/06/w...chris.html
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nba/news...yfhxy2jdtd
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(06-11-2021, 12:44 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Steven Adams for starters....

DOIT
Like Reply
(06-11-2021, 12:58 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://www.cleveland.com/cavs/2021/06/w...chris.html

Re: moving Love,

"Unless it’s an equally bad contract (ahem, Kristaps Porzingis or CJ McCollum), the trade route is tricky."
Like Reply