Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2020-2021 ROSTER TALK: Archived
If Miami end up with Lowry I am hoping the Mavs can jump in and swap Johnson for Dragic + a 2nd rd (or 2)

Adding another elite play making that is happy to play with Luka would be massive for this team.
Like Reply
So if Terry is on the outs (we don't know for sure) then he could be the sweetener in a Powell, JJ deal for Drummond. It's also possible that a third team is more interested in Terry than CLE (like OKC) and so you have some kind of 3 way thing where CLE gets a 2nd, JJ and George Hill, OKC gets Powell, Terry and Mavs get Drummond.

I am sure Cleveland wants more than a 2nd rounder if they take Powell so to me its unlikely a deal gets done unless there is a third team that likes Powell and is willing to give up an expiring.
Like Reply
(03-21-2021, 08:39 PM)Aussiebballer Wrote: If Miami end up with Lowry I am hoping the Mavs can jump in and swap Johnson for Dragic + a 2nd rd (or 2)

Adding another elite play making that is happy to play with Luka would be massive for this team.

Ya I do think Lowry to the Heat would be good news for the Mavs bc its very likely Dragic would wind up here.
Like Reply
Would you do THJ + Green for Collins and Bogi?

Maybe Mavs have to add draft picks as well, hard to know Bogi value on that long contract currently.

If they somehow ended up with Collins and Dragic that would be golden.

Waits for Mavs brains trust to release statement on how they love their current roster and trust it to go far......
Like Reply
A sneaky move could be Willie for McGee Smile  

Really drive Carlisle crazy, but McGee would at least be a lob threat Mavs have missed this year.
Like Reply
(03-21-2021, 08:51 PM)Aussiebballer Wrote: Would you do THJ + Green for Collins and Bogi?

Maybe Mavs have to add draft picks as well, hard to know Bogi value on that long contract currently.

If they somehow ended up with Collins and Dragic that would be golden.

Waits for Mavs brains trust to release statement on how they love their current roster and trust it to go far......

I am pretty sure ATL would want a lot more for Collins with or without Bogi involved.
Like Reply
I would also be interested in getting Dinwiddie if the Mavs end up punting on capspace in other deals.
Getting Dinwiddie's bird rights for say Willie and Burke.

(03-21-2021, 08:57 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I am pretty sure ATL would want a lot more for Collins with or without Bogi involved.
Just depends on what teams are offering for him and if the hawks don't want to pay his big contract.

We can offer pick swap options as well Smile
Like Reply
(03-21-2021, 10:07 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Jan 24th of 2020 was Roby for Patton

Jan 25th of 2020 we cut Patton and traded for WCS.

Sorry, you are right

Got my dates wrong
Like Reply
(03-21-2021, 06:46 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Two Mav mentions from Kevin O'Connor.  Both involve Schwartz clients:

Dallas is interested in Collins

Dallas has had talks with Cleveland regarding Drummond.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/3/21/...hn-collins

So basically Schwartz using the Mavs as usual, then sending the leftovers Cuban´s way in the end.
Like Reply
Mavs: Drummond and prince

Cavs: Johnson, Powell, WCS, Terry, 2nd
Like Reply
Sucks we couldn’t attract Crowder or DJJ. Really puts into perspective how low on the totem pole we are with FA’s
Like Reply
(03-21-2021, 10:05 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Sucks we couldn’t attract Crowder or DJJ. Really puts into perspective how low on the totem pole we are with FA’s

They do end up with mostly leftovers or unspent payroll, don't they?

It feels like part of it is their mediocre negotiating skills, and part of it is their lack of ability to identify talent (or to know what to pay for it). And their dependence on supposed preferred agents hasn't really been any help at all (and sometimes, has left them stuck with some dogs) in a decade or more. Then again, maybe Cuban is trying to save a buck - they aren't very aggressive (or effective) spenders since Cuban started getting a lot of attention for his money on Shark Tank.

Something in that has to change. Preferably all of it.
Like Reply
(03-21-2021, 10:15 PM)F Gump Wrote: They do end up with mostly leftovers or unspent payroll, don't they?

It feels like part of it is their mediocre negotiating skills, and part of it is their lack of ability to identify talent (or to know what to pay for it). And their dependence on supposed preferred agents hasn't really been any help at all (and sometimes, has left them stuck with some dogs) in a decade or more. Then again, maybe Cuban is trying to save a buck - they aren't very aggressive (or effective) spenders since Cuban started getting a lot of attention for his money on Shark Tank.

Something in that has to change. Preferably all of it.
Honestly i think it’s more our team culture of euro players that players don’t like. There’s been an anti-euro stigma for a decades in certain situations
Like Reply
(03-21-2021, 10:05 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Sucks we couldn’t attract Crowder or DJJ. Really puts into perspective how low on the totem pole we are with FA’s

We were keeping the powder dry for Giannis.  Both Dallas and Miami were interested in him on 1yr deal.  Phoenix gave him 3yrs.
Like Reply
Mavs don't have any assets to get Collins unless KP is outgoing.
Like Reply
Mavs need to do something on the TDL. Yes, Luka is just 22, but you just don't stand pat when you have a top 5 player on your roster.

I hope they find a way to get AG that doesn't involve KP, Maxi and maybe Brunson.
Like Reply
Trade deadline is Thursday.....

....Mavs don't play again till Wednesday...

...will be interesting to see if anyone is "out" on Wednesday....
Like Reply
Collins fits the we need a better 4 narrative of mine...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(03-21-2021, 11:56 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Trade deadline is Thursday.....

....Mavs don't play again till Wednesday...

...will be interesting to see if anyone is "out" on Wednesday....

I don't think they like going that route lol

[Image: barnes.png]
Like Reply
(03-22-2021, 12:27 AM)loki Wrote: I don't think they like going that route lol

[Image: barnes.png]

They probably take a little too much heat for that situation, and it probably wasn't as big of a deal as we made it out to be at the time. But, in hindsight, I think they should have held Barnes out of that game whether he wanted to play or not.
Like Reply