Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2020-2021 ROSTER TALK: Archived
(03-19-2021, 02:22 PM)omahen Wrote: If Clippers FO can even dream about trading for Ball, than Mavs should really be ashamed for not being able to bring in starter level talent. Zubac is the only asset Clippers have and even him is not that special. Clipps have no picks.

Clippers just need to send other teams Zubac's game tapes versus the Mavs.  He'll look like the best center in the league.
Like Reply
We don’t have a 1st to trade in the somewhat close future. That’s THE biggest issue of the last few FA summers. They had tons of caproom, couldn’t land anybody of significance yet somehow still managed to maintain their asset-ridden status. To get ORL what they want we’d need some maneuvering in terms of outgoing players and taking back salary ballast in order to create comparable value to a 1st round pick.

OTOH we‘re also in the hunt for the playoffs which limits the ability to blow up the locker room with a massive trade that hurts short term chemistry.

This would be MUCH easier if they would have done their homework over the years by acquiring more assets but here we are.
Like Reply
(03-19-2021, 02:58 PM)JamesConway Wrote: We don’t have a 1st to trade in the somewhat close future. That’s THE biggest issue of the last few FA summers. They had tons of caproom, couldn’t land anybody of significance yet somehow still managed to maintain their asset-ridden status. To get ORL what they want we’d need some maneuvering in terms of outgoing players and taking back salary ballast in order to create comparable value to a 1st round pick.

OTOH we‘re also in the hunt for the playoffs which limits the ability to blow up the locker room with a massive trade that hurts short term chemistry.

This would be MUCH easier if they would have done their homework over the years by acquiring more assets but here we are.

They chosed to go for players instead of asset.
That's fine with me.
Like Reply
(03-19-2021, 02:22 PM)omahen Wrote: If Clippers FO can even dream about trading for Ball, than Mavs should really be ashamed for not being able to bring in starter level talent. Zubac is the only asset Clippers have and even him is not that special. Clipps have no picks.
We have little to nothing of value, too. Brunson and a bunch of rookies who probably already lost a fair amount of value due to their status in the doghouse over the last months.

Are we even sure they are willing to touch 2021 caproom? If not then not even Johnson‘s expiring might be on the table. Wouldn’t be the first time if they would just let expirings run out (Lee last TDL or the rest of the Barnes-exception) for summer cap dreams
Like Reply
(03-19-2021, 03:03 PM)JamesConway Wrote: We have little to nothing of value, too. Brunson and a bunch of rookies who probably already lost a fair amount of value due to their status in the doghouse over the last months.

Are we even sure they are willing to touch 2021 caproom? If not then not even Johnson‘s expiring might be on the table. Wouldn’t be the first time if they would just let expirings run out (Lee last TDL or the rest of the Barnes-exception) for summer cap dreams

I think we'd have to hope Orlando would take Brunson + a rookie and expiring. I would want Fournier in that deal too honestly for it to be worth it.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1373...30114?s=20
Like Reply
“If, and we have to keep attaching a big IF to this situation because the Raptors won't banish Lowry just anywhere. But IF a trade happens, they work with him to find a destination and I'd imagine Dallas and Miami would be on that short-list.”

https://twitter.com/fishsports/status/13...0059513862
Like Reply
Brunson, Powell, and Johnson?
Like Reply
Lowry to Miami and Dragic to ?  Olnyk ?  

Probably could be had for spare parts.  I think they could be upgrades though.  Powell/JJ/Burke

Rather have old Lowry.
Like Reply
(03-19-2021, 07:33 PM)F Gump Wrote: Brunson, Powell, and Johnson?

I have a lot of respect for Lowry, but at this point in his career I'll keep the Nova legend already on the roster.
Like Reply
(03-19-2021, 07:40 PM)Hypermav Wrote: Lowry to Miami and Dragic to ?  Olnyk ?  

Probably could be had for spare parts.  I think they could be upgrades though.  Powell/JJ/Burke

Rather have old Lowry.

OUTGOING

TOR -- Lowry to MIA
MIA -- Olynyk to TOR, Dragic to DAL
DAL -- Burke & Powell to TOR

INCOMING

TOR -- Olynyk, Burke & Powell
MIA -- Lowry 
DAL -- Dragic
Like Reply
(03-19-2021, 07:40 PM)Hypermav Wrote: Lowry to Miami and Dragic to ?  Olnyk ?  

Rather have old Lowry.
Been thinking this awhile. I’d take dragic, olnyk or iggy as a 3rd team in a miami trade. So long as it’s no more than Johnson/terry and 2nd’s we give up
Like Reply
I would happily take Lowry or Dragic.
Like Reply
If the Mavs spend some of their very few remaining assets on a 35 year old I will.....

[Image: source.gif]
Like Reply
(03-19-2021, 08:24 PM)Kammrath Wrote: If the Mavs spend some of their very few remaining assets on a 35 year old I will.....

[Image: source.gif]

Yeah, they’re better off with Brunson in the long run, and by “in the long run” I mean by like this time next year.
Like Reply
Brunson should be off limits on any rental. The fish lowry rumors seem ridiculous

Edit: stein not fish.
Like Reply
(03-19-2021, 08:36 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Brunson should be off limits on any rental.

100% this. JB should only be traded for what you think is a long term fit next to Luka.
Like Reply
Brunson for Harrison Barnes!
Like Reply
(03-19-2021, 08:42 PM)Kammrath Wrote: 100% this. JB should only be traded for what you think is a long term fit next to Luka.

We are not trading JB for any expiring player that would be crazy
Like Reply
Burke not Brunson?

Brunson if you get a better PG incoming, who is already inked for another year?
    (Because, Dragic fits that description. And Lowry might as well, depending on how you negotiate.)
    (EDITED - Never mind on Lowry. Looking closer, he can't be extended and has to be a FA in 2021. That takes any swap of Brunson for Lowry off the table imo. But Dragic would have to be traded with his option exercised, so if you think Brunson gets too tricky/expensive to keep in 2022, and is only here until then, trading him for Dragic means you still have a backup PG until 2022, but a bigger and better one presumably.)
Like Reply