Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2020-2021 ROSTER TALK: Archived
(02-24-2021, 03:34 PM)Kammrath Wrote: No way I listen to that unless there is a high probability that pick is top 7.

Doubtful, the trade is already lopsided in the Mavs favor.  I doubt either side would consider it anyway.   I'd listen though.
Like Reply
JB is almost untouchable right now. I feel like JB is the 2nd core guy next to Luka.
Like Reply
(02-24-2021, 04:28 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: JB is almost untouchable right now. I feel like JB is the 2nd core guy next to Luka.

Eh.  He's having a great season but let's not overrate his value.  Everyone not named Luka needs to be available if it can improve the team.
Like Reply
(02-24-2021, 04:49 PM)cow Wrote: Eh.  He's having a great season but let's not overrate his value.  Everyone not named Luka needs to be available if it can improve the team.
This.

People were saying the same thing about DFS and Maxi not too long ago.
Like Reply
(02-24-2021, 05:14 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: This.

People were saying the same thing about DFS and Maxi not too long ago.

Seeing either of those two go would break my heart but they spot-starters/role players.
Like Reply
I mean I guess anyone not named Luka is tradable in the right context but I wouldn't really consider JB in very many trades right now. I think he's great as the 2nd creator in a 1-2 punch with Luka.

The guy to figure out is KP.
Like Reply
(02-24-2021, 05:39 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I mean I guess anyone not named Luka is tradable in the right context but I wouldn't really consider JB in very many trades right now. I think he's great as the 2nd creator in a 1-2 punch with Luka.

The guy to figure out is KP.

This team isn't a contender so I'm not sure why the timing matters.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/MylesLGarrett/status...8054717440
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
About Porzingis.  I heard Nick Angstedt (sp?) talk about this several times.  He went to a Sports Business seminar led by NBA GMs as summer league a few years ago and they all said that literally weekly they are calling and gauging the value of all of their players and other players on other teams...it's literally an ongoing conversation that never stops...so we should probalby understand that every player on the Mavericks has their value being assessed daily, but that doesn't mean that they are being shopped or that they are trying to give them away or run them out of town at all, that's just smart asset management.

If I have my favorite car and I know it's worth 35k, and someone walks up and offers me 50k or 25k, I had a) better know what it's worth and b) what it's worth to me...and what the difference is.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...7868125187
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/NBACrouse/status/136...7262263310
Like Reply
KP isn’t worth Beal right now, so is there anything else in Washington we’d bet excited about around here?
Like Reply
(02-24-2021, 09:13 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: KP isn’t worth Beal right now, so is there anything else in Washington we’d bet excited about around here?

Very simply - no. Hachimura and Avdija are not really great. They have Bertans who is a rotational player. No thank you to Westbrook
Like Reply
(02-24-2021, 09:13 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: anything else in Washington we’d bet excited about around here?

Deni & their 1st this year. Smile
Like Reply
(02-24-2021, 09:16 PM)omahen Wrote: Very simply - no. Hachimura and Avdija are not really great. They have Bertans who is a rotational player. No thank you to Westbrook

Kind of what I thought, too.

(02-24-2021, 09:18 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Deni & their 1st this year. Smile

I guess if they threw in Bertans for financial reasons, it wouldn’t be the craziest idea ever.

That’s the problem with KP‘s contract. There’s really no way to trade for approximate value without eating something that tastes bad in return. At least Bertans would have a spot in this rotation.
Like Reply
(02-24-2021, 09:18 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Kind of what I thought, too.

On the other hand, perhaps a three team deal could be constructed as Washington does have assets that could be interesting for rebuilding teams. I don't know, just an example:

Dal: Bertans, Collins
Atl: Hachimura, Was 1 rd pick
Was: KP
Like Reply
Just going to through this out there again: I REALLY like Halliburton, and would be willing to eat some bad money from Sac to get him.

(02-24-2021, 09:21 PM)omahen Wrote: On the other hand, perhaps a three team deal could be constructed as Washington does have assets that could be interesting for rebuilding teams. I don't know, just an example:

YES PLEASE
Like Reply
Two things from that piece:

1) "Washington would have interest in the 7’3″ big man as a potential third star alongside Russell Westbrook and Bradley Beal."

2) "There’s a sense around the league that Porzingis is not truly available at this time."

I really do think you could get Deni + their 1st for KP....but you also then have to eat salary to do it.
Like Reply
(02-24-2021, 09:21 PM)omahen Wrote: On the other hand, perhaps a three team deal could be constructed as Washington does have assets that could be interesting for rebuilding teams. I don't know, just an example:

https://media.giphy.com/media/nm53RKtqcczp6/giphy.gif
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply

Nearly impossible without a 3rd team. Wizards cannot match KPs salary if they do not include Westbrook or Beal.
Like Reply