Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
Add Boban to the Johnson trade should be enough salary for Aldridge
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...4453980160
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Still think we should try to poach Tucker.

Please tell me that 2nd year of WCS is a team option. Otherwise that's our first mistake of the offseason.
Like Reply
(11-22-2020, 03:05 PM)cow Wrote: Still think we should try to poach Tucker.

The thing is, Tucker is a great value if you just give away something nominal, like a 2nd round pick.

I can't see Houston accepting Powell as an adequate package, and I wouldn't want to trade any of our wings for Tucker (maybe Iwundu).
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(11-22-2020, 03:04 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Ah there it is. Mavs are done. Shocked they went for WCS instead of Aron Baynes.

If they are done, there is no Barea or they will do something really stupid
Like Reply
(11-22-2020, 03:04 PM)Tyler Wrote: https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...4453980160

Starting around $4mm leaves room for Terry to get longer than two years for part of the MLE.

I'm curious to see the options (if any) on WCS and Iwundu.
Like Reply
(11-22-2020, 03:03 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: This board is insanely obsessed with pairing KP with a traditional center. Whether it's Vucevic last year or Adams years Gobert this board loves this idea. 

I am telling you it isn't going to happen, period. That ship has sailed. Mavs are looking for a center. That center would back up KP, not play with KP. 

Mavs thought Powell would be the perfect fit next to KP. They tried giving him an outside shot to make it work. KP was lost on offense to start the year. He basically was relegated to a spacer. 

Once Powell was hurt you saw him unleashed bc he could do pick and roll, or anything he wanted to do on offense. Like Powell the Mavs want a big next to KP who can defend the perimeter and allow KP to occupy the paint on defense. Gobert or Adams or any other type of traditional big is not going to do that. 

Therefore a Maxi, Johnson, DFS type will be the guy next to KP. That's just the way its going to be. I still contend that Maxi is the best fit next to KP in the starting lineup for most match ups so I hope Mavs get there eventually.

All that to say Mavs are not going to do this twin towers deal ever. Even Myles Turner is not the best fit. Think Aminu, Maxi, Tucker, big wing types that can play small ball center but also guard the perimeter. That's what the Mavs want.

It's only a few people, my dude, not "this board." I would never, ever want to put Gobert and KP together. 

But, I do think there are some bigger 4/5 who could fit just fine, depending on whether they want to play with two bigs or one in their default line up. Because the 5th starter doesn't appear to be super obvious yet, I don't think we have enough info yet to know what the Mavs think.
Like Reply
(11-22-2020, 03:04 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Add Boban to the Johnson trade should be enough salary for Aldridge
Now that is an interesting one. Thumbs up.

Wonder what the compensation would have to be. On paper the Spurs are one of the few teams Brunson could at least legitimately compete for the starting spot, he probably desires.
Like Reply
(11-22-2020, 03:06 PM)omahen Wrote: If they are done, there is no Barea or they will do something really stupid

I really doubt they bring back Barea.

I can't imagine the Mavs trade 2 role players to just try and sign Barea.
Like Reply
Glad to have WCS back. It looks like they kicked the tires on some better alternatives, so I'm not going to complain too much.
Like Reply
(11-22-2020, 03:03 PM)Tyler Wrote: https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...6495511561

Boom!
Like Reply
Team option on the 2nd, Thank God. I might not like WCS but he isn't stupid. We'll played by him.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1330604250704080898
Like Reply
(11-22-2020, 03:05 PM)cow Wrote: Still think we should try to poach Tucker.

Please tell me that 2nd year of WCS is a team option.  Otherwise that's our first mistake of the offseason.
 Obvious is obvious...I hope.

Seems I wasn´t too far off with the analysis of the WCS-Dallas situation.
Like Reply
Meh. Solid signing I guess.

But not really what we were hoping for with the MLE. We’ve basically used it to bring back our own guys and some of the rookies might get a few more guaranteed dollars.

A bit underwhelming given that we were hoping for guys like Millsap, Ibaka, etc.
Like Reply
(11-22-2020, 03:08 PM)loki Wrote: Glad to have WCS back. It looks like they kicked the tires on some better alternatives, so I'm not going to complain too much.

Yeah I feel like it's great that there's no pressure with him. I'm sure he's happy he got his money 
Ibaka or Gasol would be more of a chemistry issue I think if Rick decided he liked Powell and Johnson more than them
Like Reply
Can someone enlight me why WCS wasnt in the bubble last season?
Like Reply
(11-22-2020, 03:10 PM)JamesConway Wrote: A bit underwhelming given that we were hoping for guys like Millsap, Ibaka, etc.

I know that's disappointing, but honestly, those guys are OLD, and this team isn't within winning distance yet. I have no trouble believing that neither they nor the Mavs would see 3 year, MLE deals as fits. 

I'm happy to learn that they tried Gasol for cheap before signing WCS for cheap, and I love that WCS is back as a fall back
Like Reply
(11-22-2020, 03:12 PM)wisco Wrote: Can someone enlight me why WCS wasnt in the bubble last season?
birth of child
Like Reply
(11-22-2020, 03:12 PM)wisco Wrote: Can someone enlight me why WCS wasnt in the bubble last season?

his girlfriend gave birth right around the time that the bubble started.
Like Reply