Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
Feels like we have som new input in the MBT. New rule of the year: If the Mavs add an undersized scoring guard they have to compensate for the lack of defense and sign a wing defender.
Like Reply
I just realized the thing I miss most about having Fish around: You could always count on him to let us know right away when the traditional "we love our boys in blue" quote happened, signaling the end of the off-season.
Like Reply
Mavs are getting tougher. Powell and Boban are a bit on the soft side...are one of them out for a tougher PF/C?

Of course: https://twitter.com/RealGM/status/1330329594294120450
Like Reply
Anyone else find it interesting there has been nothing on a Giannis Supermax yet?
Like Reply
Worst option would be Stein´s draft compensation to be explained later means Terry or Green was part of the Wright trade.

I know the Pistons announced their part of the deal (2nd round pick), but doesn´t mean there couldn´t be more compensation on the Mavs side. Why would Stein need to be so cryptic about a future 2nd round pick for example.
Like Reply
I'm really just all for throwing numbers of cheap fliers at wings and hoping you win a lottery ticket. We see what the demand vs supply is around the league in this market for wings. For a vet minimum flier I guess you can do worse than 25 year old Nigerian wings with 7'1" wingspans. Keep churning that 14th and 15th roster spot looking for them.

Still think we need KP insurance with a stretch big who doesn't clog the paint for Luka.
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 09:00 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: Worst option would be Stein´s draft compensation to be explained later means Terry or Green was part of the Wright trade.

I know the Pistons announced their part of the deal (2nd round pick), but doesn´t mean there couldn´t be more compensation on the Mavs side, and why did Stein need to be so cryptic about a future 2nd round pick for example.

Ya but then what would be the hold up on that news coming out?
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 09:00 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: Anyone else find it interesting there has been nothing on a Giannis Supermax yet?

I mean, I never thought he'd sign it until next off season. There's no real incentive to do so. I admit that Stein's speculation that they made the Holiday trade with the knowledge that he was about to sign made sense, so I wavered a bit on that. 

Honestly, if they sent 3 firsts and 2 pick swaps out without knowing if he'd sign, and for a player who will ALSO bail if Giannis does...YIKES
Like Reply
What if Mavs can get Bog with Powell + some asset (Brunson or Green)? It would be powder friendly with Powell's money outgoing and open up a roster spot. I know its crazy but its the Kings, we can hope right???111

Actually with Powell it would probably include another piece like Boban to get the salaries close. Something like Powell, Boban, Brunson.
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 08:54 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: Hey guys do you remember that time Ainge was being a greedy SOB and wanting more than Myles turner for Hayward who was a free agent? 

And then he got nothing? 

I remember. Good times. 

Teague and Thompson as the replacements just makes me laugh at it even more.

Glad I'm not the only one with irrational Celtics hatred.  I dunno why, they get under my skin more than even the Lakers.  I guess too much Bill Simmons exposure in my life.
Like Reply
I guess it's possible Brunson+Powell could be outgoing for an expiring big, but who/where? Trading those two would put the Mavs within spitting distance of max room for Giannis while still keeping JRich's cap hold in 2021.
Like Reply
Which team did Jalen's dad recently start coaching at?
Like Reply
This team got a lot younger and more athletic to cover Luka's and KP's defensive blind spots. This team is finally becoming a team with size and length, after HOW many years??
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 09:02 PM)StepBackJay Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 09:00 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: Worst option would be Stein´s draft compensation to be explained later means Terry or Green was part of the Wright trade.

I know the Pistons announced their part of the deal (2nd round pick), but doesn´t mean there couldn´t be more compensation on the Mavs side, and why did Stein need to be so cryptic about a future 2nd round pick for example.

Ya but then what would be the hold up on that news coming out?
The draft compensation could be tied to the Mavs negotiating a different trade. If trade for player(s) X goes through, the Thunder will get Josh Green. If not they get 2023 1st, if it falls between 11-30 (mirror to the Knicks) and so on.

Just an example.
Like Reply
They wouldn't call it draft compensation if it was a player who'd already been drafted, come on.
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 08:35 PM)Branduil Wrote: Something definitely not adding up here. Maybe a miscommunication about Barea coming back as a player?

It makes zero sense that the Mavs added another 6'6 wing/guard.

That is, unless they're planning on getting rid of a wing/guard. JRich isn't one. Neither does Johnson make sense. That leaves THJ, Brunson, and DFS....
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 09:07 PM)Branduil Wrote: I guess it's possible Brunson+Powell could be outgoing for an expiring big, but who/where? Trading those two would put the Mavs within spitting distance of max room for Giannis while still keeping JRich's cap hold in 2021.

I assume most teams will have an exception of some sort to absorb Brunson in a separate transaction. Then James Johnson for Bogdanovic/Saric/Ibaka (or any player under contract already) would also be a possibility as the second component of such a more complex trade.
Like Reply
Little writeup on Iwundu with some clips

https://hoopshabit.com/2020/05/16/new-yo...-agents/3/
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 09:16 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 08:35 PM)Branduil Wrote: Something definitely not adding up here. Maybe a miscommunication about Barea coming back as a player?

It makes zero sense that the Mavs added another 6'6 wing/guard.

That is, unless they're planning on getting rid of a wing/guard. JRich isn't one. Neither does Johnson make sense. That leaves THJ, Brunson, and DFS....

Unless the Mavs finally realized that one can never have enough 3&D wings. I actually like it. Add multiple 3&D guys and see if one of them can earn a bigger role. I obviously thought of different names but if the Mavs think that Iwundu can be that guy that´s great.
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 09:16 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: It makes zero sense that the Mavs added another 6'6 wing/guard.

I WANT....

[Image: WarmheartedYearlyHerald-small.gif]
Like Reply