Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
Aron Baynes is one of my favorite underrated targets. He played well for the Celtics in the playoffs a year ago, played great for the Suns when Ayton was out and was good on the Spurs when he was there. I don't think his price will be very high but he would be great on this team.
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 04:26 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Aron Baynes is one of my favorite underrated targets. He played well for the Celtics in the playoffs a year ago, played great for the Suns when Ayton was out and was good on the Spurs when he was there. I don't think his price will be very high but he would be great on this team.

The drop off after he, Ibaka and Millsap would put me into role the dice mode.
Like Reply
Interesting. Doesn't this take Atlanta out of the Bogi race (barring a S&T)?

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1330262122094338053
Like Reply
Overpay of the week

Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 04:32 PM)Tyler Wrote: Interesting. Doesn't this take Atlanta out of the Bogi race (barring a S&T)?

I think they still have room.
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 04:33 PM)cow Wrote: I think they still have room.

Looks like you're right.  Rondo aside, the Hawks could be fun to watch this year.

https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/...7918032906
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 04:32 PM)Tyler Wrote: Interesting. Doesn't this take Atlanta out of the Bogi race (barring a S&T)?

I think they still have some 18 mil. So depends on other offers
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 04:34 PM)omahen Wrote:

I think they still have some 18 mil. So depends on other offers

Ya that's roughly what I calculate. Dunn is a room exception guy so doesn't count against their cap space.

I bet the Rondo haggling was the last shoe to drop before the inevitable Bog, Hawks signing.
Like Reply
I can't wait for the Hawks to win 34 games next year and barely miss the playoffs.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 04:37 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I can't wait for the Hawks to win 34 games next year and barely miss the playoffs.

Nah I think with Bog they will make the playoffs. Their defense is not great but they have a lot of offense. They could always make some trade in the future to shore up defense.
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 04:37 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I can't wait for the Hawks to win 34 games next year and barely miss the playoffs.

They are playing in the leastern conference. 34 wins might be enough for the 8th seed.
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 04:39 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Nah I think with Bog they will make the playoffs. Their defense is not great but they have a lot of offense. They could always make some trade in the future to shore up defense

How does 35 year old Rondo cashing in on 1 last pay day put them over the top in playoff contention?

Where does he play next to Trae? Gallo signing was their 1 big signing and even his fit is iffy. Their defense will be atrocious. Capela alone cannot stop the perimeter sieve that they've created.

Even with Bogdon, I don't see how that Hawks team makes a 15 win jump.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 04:39 PM)StepBackJay Wrote:

Nah I think with Bog they will make the playoffs. Their defense is not great but they have a lot of offense. They could always make some trade in the future to shore up defense.

I'm not prepared to say they won't make the playoffs in the east, with or without Bogdanovic.
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 04:42 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 04:39 PM)StepBackJay Wrote:

I'm not prepared to say they won't make the playoffs in the east, with or without Bogdanovic.

Right I think even without Bog they are prob a playoff team but I think Bog will cement that for sure.
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 04:40 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: They are playing in the leastern conference. 34 wins might be enough for the 8th seed.

So far, BOS/MIL/IND/MIA/76ers/TOR/Nets are all locks. Washington is looking to bounce back with Beal+Wall (Or Westbrook??). Orlando might be a bottom feeder, but they still made the playoffs the last 2 years. 

Detroit might surprise with Grant+Killian Hayes and Griffin bouncing back and having a healthy year.

Point is, even if the Hawks are greatly improved, there might be 4 teams competing for that last spot and all of them look better than the Hawks.
Like Reply
Bogi to the Mavs, THJ back home to Atlanta, Kings get one of the 800 forwards on Atlanta's roster. XD

#KeepTheDreamAlive
Like Reply
Still quite a few starting / rotation centers on the board

- Ibaka
- Thompson
- Whiteside
- Baynes
- Gasol
- Len
- Noel
- WCS

Plus lots of 10-15 min spot guys with some beef
- Skal Labissiers
- Damian Jones
- Kyle O'Quinne
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 04:44 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 04:40 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: They are playing in the leastern conference. 34 wins might be enough for the 8th seed.

So far, BOS/MIL/IND/MIA/76ers/TOR/Nets are all locks. Washington is looking to bounce back with Beal+Wall (Or Westbrook??). Orlando might be a bottom feeder, but they still made the playoffs the last 2 years. 

Detroit might surprise with Grant+Killian Hayes and Griffin bouncing back and having a healthy year.

Point is, even if the Hawks are greatly improved, there might be 4 teams competing for that last spot and all of them look better than the Hawks.

I'd put my money on the Hawks. Trae is a really good player. He has been playing with kids and even when they got Capela he was hurt. Now they have a roster of veterans plus the kids are a little more experienced and more importantly everyone has gotten the message it's time to win games. Hawks can make more moves at the TDL if they want to. I would definitely put them higher than Washington and the Magic.
Like Reply
Have heard nothing in regards to extensions for Markkanen or Collins.
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 04:47 PM)Playmaker Wrote: Have heard nothing in regards to extensions for Markkanen or Collins.

I like your brain. This is good stuff.
Like Reply