Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-21-2020, 11:43 AM)omahen Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 11:42 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote: Millsap $6M is probably reasonable

I can't imagine Millsap leaving Denver, now that they lost Grant. They have plenty of room below tax now
You are probably correct, unless he´s mad that they prioritized Grant and are now crawling back to him.

That part isn´t that interesting anyway.

It´s whether they make another S&T move for Bogdanovic, Crowder, Saric or Ibaka.
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 11:48 AM)omahen Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 11:38 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: Kris Dunn to Atlanta probably means they aren't doing Bog?

They still have some 20+ of cap space, so they are definitely going after him.

Just seems like they would have a similar role? I would much rather Atlanta get him than the Lakers figure out a way to swindle the Kings.
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 11:49 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: Just seems like they would have a similar role?

Dunn will be back up PG. He can't play offball, because of his non shooting
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 11:52 AM)omahen Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 11:49 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: Just seems like they would have a similar role?

Need to factor Rondo into all this too.

My guess is Bogi is getting offers from at least Atlanta and the Lakers.   Once that's domino falls, Rondo joins Atlanta or the Clippers.
Like Reply
Wasn't the inital Gallo rumor predraft or during the draft. OKC wanted Poku, and the rumor was 18th for a Gallo S & T. That fell apart for whatever reasons. OKC traded for 17th. Mavs drafted Green.

Was it ever confirmed the Mavs tried to trade for Gallo again after the draft tho?
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 11:54 AM)cow Wrote: Need to factor Rondo into all this too.

Who says they will sign him? I think that ship has sailed once they signed Dunn.
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 11:56 AM)sefant Wrote: Wasn't the inital Gallo rumor predraft or during the draft. OKC wanted Poku, and the rumor was 18th for a Gallo S & T. That fell apart for whatever reasons. OKC traded for 17th. Mavs drafted Green.

Was it ever confirmed the Mavs tried to trade for Gallo again after the draft tho?

Unless I'm misunderstanding there was a deal in place last night but Gallo/Mavs couldn't come to an agreement on the financials.

(11-21-2020, 11:58 AM)omahen Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 11:54 AM)cow Wrote: Need to factor Rondo into all this too.

Who says they will sign him? I think that ship has sailed once they signed Dunn.

If they miss on Bogi, they'll have money and Dunn's skillset does not conflict with Rondo's.
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 11:54 AM)cow Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 11:52 AM)omahen Wrote:

Need to factor Rondo into all this too.

My guess is Bogi is getting offers from at least Atlanta and the Lakers.   Once that's domino falls, Rondo joins Atlanta or the Clippers.

We need Bogi to get overpaid by Atlanta. Teams don't need to help out the Lakers.
Like Reply
I love the direction. This roster is flexible (both financially and on-court) and much better. As we sit, this team is much more capable of withstanding a month w/out KP and should win the division with a real good chance to get into Round 2. They could still get a guy like Crowder or Millsap. It is 1 move from being a no-doubt contender. Surprisingly, I am happy with where things are. I can’t believe I’m saying that.

We’ll see where the Rocket implosion-on-the-fly-rebuild goes. SA is not good. Memphis and NO are getting good. Gotta stay ahead and away from that 7-10 playoff madness.
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 12:00 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: We need Bogi to get overpaid by Atlanta. Teams don't need to help out the Lakers.

He might just want to go to a winner.
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 11:56 AM)sefant Wrote: Wasn't the inital Gallo rumor predraft or during the draft. OKC wanted Poku, and the rumor was 18th for a Gallo S & T. That fell apart for whatever reasons. OKC traded for 17th. Mavs drafted Green.

Let´s put it this way: I doubt Gallo´s salary demand changed much from the draft till yesterday. $20M was always his number.

Based on our calculation the maximum they can pay a long-term upgrade without making the Giannis chase a lot more complicated is ~$15M.

Unless I´m completely off with all these crazy trades, we have

Knicks 40
Hornets 20
Hawks 20

Everybody else MLE or less.

Not that many options for the remaining UFA and especially the RFAs to apply any sort of pressure via offer sheets.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...5462422528

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...4509990914
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 11:56 AM)sefant Wrote: Was it ever confirmed the Mavs tried to trade for Gallo again after the draft tho?

I think it was the Ringer guys who talked about it on the livestream. They said Dallas went hard after Gallo but couldn't agree to a deal. But there's still no indication that they were offering anything beyond 1-year guaranteed -- the same frontloaded deal they supposedly offered at the trade deadline. So I'm guessing that's what pushed him to Atlanta.
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 12:09 PM)omahen Wrote: https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...5462422528

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...4509990914

Please Bobby, you know what to do.  I heard Giannis and Mirotic are close friends.
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 11:08 AM)omahen Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 10:42 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: Has to mean that. How many good teams still have more MLE than Mavs? Probably some bad team will overpay Crowder but there is a chance Crowder would take a 1 yr MLE with Mavs and try to get a better deal next year when more teams have space.

Miami was offering 1 year contract, probably even more than MLE, and Crowder didn't like it... If you want hi, it is a multi year contract. What we have left of the MLE, is probably not enough.

I won't give up hope until he's entirely off the board.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/...9937563654
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Booby Portis.

Going well for the Bucks. I really hate to "hate" them. Wouldn´t feel so dirty, if we took Giannis from the Rockets or Spurs, but what has to be done has to be done. Cool
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 11:48 AM)omahen Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 11:38 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: Kris Dunn to Atlanta probably means they aren't doing Bog?

They still have some 20+ of cap space, so they are definitely going after him.
Maybe but they already have Hunter, Reddish & Huerter. I'm not saying that they're better than BB but they are all younger, cheaper and ATL picks. It would seem odd to drop a 18-20 million/per player in front of all three.
" I always wanted to be a basketball player. Nothing more, nothing less." - Dirk Nowitzki
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 12:10 PM)Tyler Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 11:56 AM)sefant Wrote: Was it ever confirmed the Mavs tried to trade for Gallo again after the draft tho?

I think it was the Ringer guys who talked about it on the livestream. They said Dallas went hard after Gallo but couldn't agree to a deal. But there's still no indication that they were offering anything beyond 1-year guaranteed -- the same frontloaded deal they supposedly offered at the trade deadline. So I'm guessing that's what pushed him to Atlanta.

Yeah, the final three teams were Miami, Dallas and Atlanta. 

I don't think either Miami or Dallas make it into the final 3 for him with 1-year offers. I could be wrong, but I don't think that was the problem.

I think there was a long term number they knew they could work around, and that would allow them to form the sign and trade with very specific outgoing assets. Neither Miami or Dallas could make it work.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...6594423810
Like Reply