Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-21-2020, 12:16 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I would literally prefer the Mavs MAX WCS than even have a meeting with Whiteside about possibly signing him for the minimum.

[Image: tenor.gif]

Elaborate. Whats so bad about Whiteside?
Like Reply
Has anyone mentioned Fornier as a trade option?
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 12:20 AM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: The WCS love is so absolutely bizarre.

It's what happens when you replace your necessary water regimen with Pabst Blue Ribbon.
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 12:20 AM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: The WCS love is so absolutely bizarre.

We could bring him back at less than Burke money on a 1 and 1. That's decent money for a serviceable athletic big who can finish in the PnR and defend the rim. I'm tired of Mav centers like Javale, Noel, et al. leaving and showing themselves not to be the garbage the Mavs told us they were.
Like Reply
If the Mavs do not go into the season with another Big I am going to write the season off.

Having to rely on Boban, Maxi and Powell fresh off of an achilles tendon tear is beyond idiotic.

Maybe they can sign Dedmon to a 1 year deal since he just got bought out.

he can pick and pop and fits our system really well minus the issue with Brunson
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 12:21 AM)Playmaker Wrote: Has anyone mentioned Fornier as a trade option?

Many have, but that's pretty well done with the Richardson acquisition.
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 12:23 AM)Omega_Supreme Wrote: If the Mavs do not go into the season with another Big I am going to write the season off.

Having to rely on Boban, Maxi and Powell fresh off of an achilles tendon tear is beyond idiotic.

he can pick and pop and fits our system really well minus the issue with Brunson

I posted this earlier and no one replied but call Detroit before the stretch waive Dedmon and offer Delon + Cash...

Probably doesn't work with Detroit's cap situation.
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 12:21 AM)FunkBoreland Wrote: Elaborate. Whats so bad about Whiteside?

Slow. Lazy. Doesn't run the floor. Doesn't rotate correctly or with energy. One of the worst pick and roll defenders out there, and defending the pick and roll is literally what makes a center playable now, NOT post defense or rebounding. He's a dinosaur. Complete and total defensive liability, and if he'd just run, he'd add a little on offense, but he doesn't. 

Also extinct: Drummond, DeAndre Jordan

No, thanks.
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 12:25 AM)cow Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 12:23 AM)Omega_Supreme Wrote: If the Mavs do not go into the season with another Big I am going to write the season off.

I posted this earlier and no one replied but call Detroit before the stretch waive Dedmon and offer Delon + Cash...

Why would they do that? Then they'd have to waive a bigger (longer) contract to make their pieces fit.
Like Reply
The funny thing is the Mavs "reclaimed" WCS after he had basically played himself off of the Warriors after just a few months because he was so laughably bad for them ... and they were absolutely desperate for bigs.

I think people just really love neck tats.
Like Reply
Thoughts on Cody Zeller?
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 12:20 AM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: The WCS love is so absolutely bizarre.  Dude basically had to take near minimum last offseason because there was no market, played himself off the Warriors after a few months, then sat out the bubble.  Why would his value be any higher than it was last offsason?

If this was directed at me, I don't love him. I was using hyperbole to make a point.

But, I was excited about him as a cheap, backup rim runner. His skillset is very modern, even if his brain is not. I wouldn't hate a 1+1 on the cheap at all.
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 12:26 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Why would they do that? Then they'd have to waive a bigger (longer) contract to make their pieces fit.

Yeah, I forgot they were against the cap. I was just trying to creatively dump Delon.
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 12:21 AM)Playmaker Wrote: Has anyone mentioned Fornier as a trade option?

He's never spent time in the Dallas fraternity, so he's eliminated out of our potential player availability pool .... Aminu on the other hand.
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 12:27 AM)vfromlmf Wrote: Thoughts on Cody Zeller?

Wright and Jackson for Zeller works capwise. Not sure why Jordan would want to do that, aside from his being Jordan. Zeller expires next year, too. I'm down for it.
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 12:24 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:

Fornier/Bogdanvic could take over the Curry role.  I doubt the Mavs give that to a rookie to start out.  Both players are very similar but Fornier comes with less of a long term commitment.

Richardson can take over the role they designed for Lee at the outset of season.  I don't see these players necessarily overlap.
Like Reply
Mavs have Luka/JRich as the starting guards, and then Brunson/Burke off the bench, even if we don't count the rookies. There's no minutes for another guard unless someone's going out first.
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 12:30 AM)Playmaker Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 12:24 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:

Fornier/Bogdanvic could take over the Curry role. I doubt the Mavs give that to a rookie to start out. Both players are very similar but Fornier comes with less of a long term commitment.

Richardson can take over the role they designed for Lee at the outset of season. I don't see these players necessarily overlap.

What??? Richardson is our third-best player (fourth if one is an extreme THJ lover). He's a starter from day one, unless we go out and trade for prime Jordan.
Like Reply
(11-21-2020, 12:26 AM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: The funny thing is the Mavs "reclaimed" WCS after he had basically played himself off of the Warriors after just a few months because he was so laughably bad for them ... and they were absolutely desperate for bigs.

I think people just really love neck tats.

Yeah, I don't disagree that the guy is either delusional or nuts. I was pretty shocked that he opted out...but then I saw Detroit's first two hours. When the other 29 teams get around to choosing their backup centers and he gets his new deal, he needs to send the Detroit GM a nice bottle of wine or something. 

I don't have any illusions about him becoming something great. I just think he's a nice 3rd center to have.
Like Reply
Bobi is our nice 3rd center to have though.
Like Reply