Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-17-2020, 04:19 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Hayward for Hardaway and Powell(played there before and was good)

No picks involved. Fair to me. Both teams get better

Donnie:  Danny, Hhow about Hardaway and Pow....*click*...Danny, Danny...Are you there?   ...did we lose you Danny?
Like Reply
P.S. I would add that I could see the Mavs pushing for #30 to be included because they are giving up two assets AND helping BOS.
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 04:35 PM)omahen Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 04:32 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: Luka you just gotta trust the process. The 4th knee surgery for Porzingis will 100% work. Cool

You do realize, that no matter what you do, this narrative will stay. If KP will not be able to play, Mavs are more or less screwed as far as contending goes.

Yes, but some people like to hope that it does happen so they can rub the KP acquisition in the MBT's faces like a dog having its face shoved into its crap.
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 04:37 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I firmly believe a straight swap of....

THJ+Wright <------> Hayward 

Is totally fair and a win-win trade for both sides. No need to complicate it further.

I don't think so. That Wright 9 million next season are a big problem for Celtics. They would need to get rid of him to get out of tax. If that would be a more productive player, than ok. This way...
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ChiSportUpdates/stat...6336380928
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 04:34 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 04:32 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 03:55 PM)cow Wrote: No one should be disappointed.  Outside of Schroeder and Bogdan, we don't have the assets to play in these negotiations.  As far as the sentiment that we should operate as a desperate team, we can't give up all of our tradable assets as we still need starters on the floor with Luka, KP and ???.  We are a few years away from title contention.  No reason to rush and screw yourself down the line.
Guess they all want to watch Luka throws Cavs tantrums in 2022 announcing The Trade Request on E Slovenian PN.

The Porzingis injury risk threat is still real.

Now imagine blowing multiple assets (#18+#31+Kleber+Brunson) on a pre-agreed massive contract extension of Gordon Hayward, while Porzingis wrecks his knee again next season.

2021/2022

Mavs Starting 5

Doncic/Old dude
THJ/Old dude
Hayward/Old dude
DFS/Old dude
Powell/Old dude

Luka you just gotta trust the process. The 4th knee surgery for Porzingis will 100% work. Cool

What would you do if you were the MBT right now? Realistic proposals only, please. And yes, I understand the concept that the blunders of their last offseason are what put them in their current situation. Can't change the past. Just want to know what you think is the pathway to avoiding your scenario.
Don’t trade and EXTEND any player. We already have tremendous risk with KP’s knees. No future picks traded either
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status...9852198917
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 04:38 PM)Kammrath Wrote: P.S. I would add that I could see the Mavs pushing for #30 to be included because they are giving up two assets AND helping BOS

Wright is not an asset and Hayward is bigger asset than THJ+Wright combined. No favors from Boston here...
Like Reply
So we may do a deal with Ainge huh...  I am closing my eyes.
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 04:21 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 04:19 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: if you sink assets and a hefty contract extension into GH

Realistically there will be no assets lost other than THJ in the scenario that I like and think is possible.

Yes let´s trust Donnie in a trade with Danny. That worked well the last time.

Ainge never does trades, he loses. He´ll just let somebody walk before that happens.

Hayward has no way to a 20 per year long-term contract next summer, so he´s trying to get it now, before his body breaks down completely.

He won´t impress Danny with the opt-out-"threat". He´ll be like: DO IT. Hayward will answer: Can somebody pull up my pants, please.
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 04:37 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I firmly believe a straight swap of....

THJ+Wright <------> Hayward 

Is totally fair and a win-win trade for both sides. No need to complicate it further.

(11-17-2020, 04:38 PM)Kammrath Wrote: P.S. I would add that I could see the Mavs pushing for #30 to be included because they are giving up two assets AND helping BOS.

Donnie: Danny, sorry I think we were having some phone problems earlier. So as I was saying earlier, how about Hardaway and Delon...*click*...Danny? Are you there? Did we lose you again? Gosh darn it! Someone call our Verizon rep immediately!
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/statu...3907895297
Like Reply
To be fair, I do think that Mavs2019 is absolutely right that you do *not* do some BS move like 18/31/Curry/Kleber for GH. That would be nuts.
Like Reply
Kemba getting traded 1 year after Ainge told him to come home and be a cornerstone player is peak Ainge. If you're a player going to Boston, you do so because it's absolutely the best sitaution for your career and your earnings devoid of any sentimentality, because Danny Ainge is certainly not hindered by any sentimentality. He traded off Paul Pierce and KG, he's not going to lose a wink of sleep shipping you off the day he can get a penny more on the dollar.
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 04:40 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status...9852198917

Long term commitment. 

He probably MEANS extend and trade, but the long term commitment part is key. It means those teams are negotiating with Hayward on his NEXT contract. That's the holdup. 

Dollars to donuts the Mavs are one of those teams, but that doesn't mean they're the ones who'll offer the deal he accepts.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...2043438081
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 04:41 PM)cow Wrote: Donnie:  Danny, sorry I think we were having some phone problems earlier.  How about Hardaway and Delon...*click*...Danny?  Are you there?  Did we lose you again?  Someone call our Verizon rep immediately.

THEN Donnie to Ainge:

[Image: tenor.gif]
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 04:42 PM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: Kemba getting traded 1 year after Ainge told him to come home and be a cornerstone player is peak Ainge.  If you're a player going to Boston, you do so because it's absolutely the best sitaution for your career and your earnings devoid of any sentimentality, because Danny Ainge is certainly not hindered by any sentimentality.  He traded off Paul Pierce and KG, he's not going to lose a wink of sleep shipping you off the day he can get a penny more on the dollar.

Even if KG, PP and Rondo didn't scare you off, Hayward and Kemba should make you think twice.
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 04:43 PM)Kammrath Wrote: THEN Donnie to Ainge:

So you don't want Hayward. Simple, just say it. If you (this means Donnie), try to be cheap, the deal will not happen. There are other suitors and I bet some are more desperate.
Like Reply
This is so about which team will give Hayward a deal he likes, and where he wants to sign, and so NOT about who has the best trade offer for Boston.
Like Reply