Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
DRAFT: #18 [Green] & #31 [Terry] & trade for #36 [Tyler Bey]
Just getting caught up with the board, and I want to say...

....19 days until the draft.

(...and, I'd love to see the Mavs do the one thing I've said they should do this whole time, which is ****trade up**** in the draft to get someone more likely to contribute right away. But I'll believe it when I see it. I do like the idea of somehow moving up ***and*** moving salary to be able to be players in FA - welcome to Big D, Jerami Grant!!! - but that seems even more far-fetched. I also believe, as some have cited, that this is a very dangerous draft to move up in to get "your guy," when the actual draft order might be different from what everyone expects. What if Edwards, Ball, and Wiseman all somehow fell out of the top three? At the expense of a guy the Mavs wanted?)
Like Reply
Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer:

Here is what I’m hearing from the league at large: LaMelo Ball is not performing very well at job interviews. I’ve heard that from multiple sources. He is not improving his perception via job interview. There are people drafting later in the top ten who were not preparing for the possibility of Ball still being around. And I’m not saying that he will not be a top-three pick. I am saying that I know for a fact that there are teams later in the top ten who are doing more research on him, because they no longer think it’s a given he will.
Like Reply
(10-30-2020, 05:36 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer:

Here is what I’m hearing from the league at large: LaMelo Ball is not performing very well at job interviews. I’ve heard that from multiple sources. He is not improving his perception via job interview. There are people drafting later in the top ten who were not preparing for the possibility of Ball still being around. And I’m not saying that he will not be a top-three pick. I am saying that I know for a fact that there are teams later in the top ten who are doing more research on him, because they no longer think it’s a given he will.

I saw that. Those would have to be some pretty sorry interviews to have that kind of impact. What the hell is he saying, that he's a finished product who doesn't need to work on anything? That he hasn't touched a ball in months? Both???
Like Reply
Maybe he told the Hornets he could beat Jordan one on one.
Like Reply
(10-30-2020, 05:38 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 05:36 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer:

I saw that. Those would have to be some pretty sorry interviews to have that kind of impact. What the hell is he saying, that he's a finished product who doesn't need to work on anything? That he hasn't touched a ball in months? Both???
He said his Daddy will be at every game and can give advice to the front office on what needs to be done to make him better than MJ...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
I'm not sure I buy that Ball might fall out of the top 3, but on the other hand I'm quite positive that I wouldn't draft him.
Like Reply
Don't draft a Ball. Just don't do it.
Like Reply
(10-30-2020, 06:02 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Just don't do it.
New Big Baller slogan?
Like Reply
(10-30-2020, 06:16 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 06:02 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Just don't do it.
New Big Baller slogan?

[Image: tenor.gif]
Like Reply
Would you do #18 and 31 for #22, 34 and 36 if you saw that TBey was gonna be available at 22?
Like Reply
(10-30-2020, 06:32 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Would you do #18 and 31 for #22, 34 and 36 if you saw that TBey was gonna be available at 22?

No one has a crystal ball...

It depends on who was (hopefully) going to be available at 34 and 36.

Nah. I'd rather the Mavs just trade **up** and buy a late first.

As far as trading up, if you want Hayes, it would probably involve moving up incrementally - like 31 and 18 to move up a few slots, then that pick and Brunson to move up a few more... and then, have a deal lined up with Atlanta (which will probably necessitate us parting with Curry or Maxi, or even '25) which nets Hayes on draft day.

I will be pleasantly surprised if Hayes is available at 6. I would figure the next draft tier after Edwards-Ball-Wiseman is Hayes-Okongwu-Avdija. Then Haliburton-Toppin (noooooooooo)-Okoro-Vassell.
Like Reply
(10-30-2020, 06:51 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: No one has a crystal ball...
Pick someone you both like at 18 then trade at pick 22 when you see he is, no crystal ball needed.
Like Reply
Xavier Tillman at 31, anyone?

https://youtu.be/W8cBgawqRbE
Like Reply
(10-30-2020, 06:32 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Would you do #18 and 31 for #22, 34 and 36 if you saw that TBey was gonna be available at 22?

Yes, 22 = Tyler Bey,  34 = Paul Reed and 36 = Immanuel Quickley.
Like Reply
Maybe Dallas should look at getting T Bey, Stanley and Azubuike.

All 3 smashing the combine athleticism tests.

Pick and roll targets galore ?

Buying extra mid 2nd rd picks for Stanley and Azubuike.
Like Reply
(10-30-2020, 11:55 PM)Aussiebballer Wrote: Maybe Dallas should look at getting T Bey, Stanley and Azubuike.

All 3 smashing the combine athleticism tests.

Pick and roll targets galore ?

Buying extra mid 2nd rd picks for Stanley and Azubuike.

All in on the Udoka Azubuike hype train. The guy is an athletic freak. Big, strong and quicker than most would expect. Walking brick wall that catches and finishes everything around the rim. Not to mention that he also is best rim protector in this years draft class.
Like Reply

Ball: So which team are you again?
GM: Charlotte.
Ball: The Bobcats.
GM: Hornets.
Ball: Right. Your owner is the 2nd best player of all-time. Is he here?
MJ: Mofo get out.

Agent: So how did it go?
Ball: Nailed it. We still good with the Bulls?
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/NBADraftWass/status/...85121?s=19
Like Reply
[Image: tenor.gif]

It is hard for me to see TBey making it to #31 now. Thought it might be only a matter of time before people were on to him....we'll see.
Like Reply
https://kstp.com/news/scoop-podcast-319-...a/5910810/

Wiseman’s camp won’t interview with Minnesota because fit issues with KAT...
Like Reply