MavsBoard
2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart (/showthread.php?tid=206)

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - Tetra - 02-05-2020

Trying to understand why the Mavs make a trade for Robinson or Burks. Both are effectively on 1 year deals and they aren't putting the Mavs over the top this year. I guess it doesn't hurt as long as its a cut/trade Lee type of thing.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - Aussiebballer - 02-05-2020

I assume his agent is talking to Dallas hard Smile

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - Hypermav - 02-05-2020

(02-05-2020, 07:36 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(02-05-2020, 07:34 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/GrantLiffmann/status/1225213092839059457

Would gladly take him, but convinced we're going to get outchessed here. Would be happy to be wrong. Edit: Robinson, not Barnes, if there was any confusion.
[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - ClutchDirk - 02-05-2020

https://twitter.com/MontePooleNBCS/status/1225216145768108032

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - IamDougieFresh - 02-05-2020

Magic don't even use Gordon... Sickening

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - MavsFan41ife - 02-05-2020

Say we are able to just take GR3 and Burks into our TPE, wouldn't we have to clear up two roster spots for them?

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - vfromlmf - 02-05-2020

Athletic:

Sources say Dallas is on the look-out for wings who can defend, but their efforts at landing a top target, Toronto’s Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, have thus far fallen flat. 

https://theathletic.com/1586225/2020/02/05/nba-trade-deadline-blog%e2%81%a0-sam-amick-and-john-hollinger-live-updates/

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - omahen - 02-05-2020

(02-05-2020, 08:13 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: Sources say Dallas is on the look-out for wings who can defend, but their efforts at landing a top target, Toronto’s Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, have thus far fallen flat.

Come on Mavs, he was signed for minimum salary in the summer and you kept 10 mil of cap space. His stats are exactly the same as were last season. So why didn't you sign him in the summer!?!?

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - Scott41theMavs - 02-05-2020

(02-05-2020, 08:17 PM)omahen Wrote:
(02-05-2020, 08:13 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: Sources say Dallas is on the look-out for wings who can defend, but their efforts at landing a top target, Toronto’s Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, have thus far fallen flat.

Come on Mavs, he was signed for minimum salary in the summer and you kept 10 mil of cap space. His stats are exactly the same as were last season. So why didn't you sign him in the summer!?!?

No cure for dumb.

At this point, if the Mavs want a wing, they might stop by BW3's.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - ClutchDirk - 02-05-2020

(02-05-2020, 08:17 PM)omahen Wrote:

https://media.giphy.com/media/xTiTnkCSkEeBijjq00/giphy.gif

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - cjeter24 - 02-05-2020

(02-05-2020, 03:21 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(02-05-2020, 03:19 PM)Jym Wrote:
(02-05-2020, 03:13 PM)SamStetz Wrote: I would like to see the Mavs use one of Lee and the TPE at least to recoup some second round picks. It's always nice to have those to sweeten deals and who knows, maybe one of them turns out to be valuable like the GSW pick

For sure
Seems like there would be deals available where we take on money for next year and get an asset for our trouble

This is why, in my view, not making ***any*** deals with the TPE and/or (preferably and!) Lee ought to be cause for pitchforks, if the MBT hadn't already lowered our expectations with last offseason. Have to use those tools to add assets.

(02-05-2020, 03:20 PM)Baller AI Wrote: I'm assuming anyone we bring in thats not a center can shoot threes. MKG can't shoot period. Just based on the rest of our roster I think thats a safe assumption. It does make sense tho, ideally you surround Luka with as many shooters as possible to maximize his playmaking ability

From what i've seen of Burks, hes solid on D. Not amazing, but not bad either. Hes def better at D than Jackson, so he would be an upgrade on offense and d. He'd instantly become our 3rd/4th best offensive player tho

The Mavs "kicked tires" on MKG. He's bad at offense, but would be an overall upgrade on Justin with his defense.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - jesusshuttlesworth82 - 02-05-2020

Now that we have Luka, can we trade Donnie for the Memphis GM?

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - cjeter24 - 02-05-2020

(02-05-2020, 04:38 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: My wishlist as the trade deadline gets close:

Myles Turner
Aaron Gordon (not happening since we don't have a PF to send them)
Marcus Morris (we're getting outbid, but a guy can dream)
RHJ
Burks
Harkless
Olynyk

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.

In broad terms, I would like, if nothing else, to see the TPE used instead of wasted, perhaps to take on a year-and-a-half salary that could be filler later on as well as a pick asset or two, and Lee for a guy who expires this year or next who would at least play more than Jackson.

Yeah I'd still love Aaron Gordon. 
Fwiw I don't think the lack of PF is really that much of an issue but the compensation package for him.
Does one of our guards, Jackson, Warriors 2nd do anything for Orlando? Maybe they really are ready to move on and that's the best they can get. 

The PF can come from another deal for them. It's a placeholder and frankly not our problem lol. Seriously tho, if they get a deal they like for AG and they don't deal him because they don't have a PF in a tanking year, they are not doing their job. There are PF's on the market (charlotte guys for example) that are probably super cheap.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - Mavs2019 - 02-05-2020

(02-05-2020, 09:50 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: Now that we have Luka, can we trade Donnie for the Memphis GM?

Maybe we can move Donnie to Greece and make him VP of European scouting.

We should make an asset based move around Lee + Wright + Jackson and the TPE.

OPJ + Valentine + Felicio makes a lot of sense imho.

We should be willing to take on a little salary. If we do nothing, it´s just a waste. It´s just common sense.

We´ll only have the MLE in the summer, so there is no reason to not think longer term and flip expiring Lee and the TPE into a 2021 expiring contract and a small asset.

A trade with GS for Robinson and Looney would make a lot of sense for Dallas. Jackson enough? Does that get them away from tax? 

Have we heard what PHX wants for Oubre yet? Not sure we have the assets but I'm very interested in him.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - cow - 02-05-2020

(02-05-2020, 10:15 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: A trade with GS for Robinson and Looney would make a lot of sense for Dallas. Jackson enough? Does that get them away from tax? 

Have we heard what PHX wants for Oubre yet? Not sure we have the assets but I'm very interested in him.

I really wanted Looney this past season but he's had so many serious medical issues this season.  Then again, I'd take a bag of chips for Jackson right now.

https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/1225258578795270145

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7btPCcdNniyf0ArS/giphy.gif

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - ThisIStheYear - 02-05-2020

Watching the Mavs get their clocks cleaned by this young, fantastic Grizzlies team is terrifying. The Mavs have fallen far behind them both now and in their future prospects. They have a long ways to go to get in the Grizz’s class and sure as Hell better take advantage of every opportunity they have to get better. They can’t afford to leave assets on the sideline. I expect a trade.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - Scott41theMavs - 02-05-2020

(02-05-2020, 10:52 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Watching the Mavs get their clocks cleaned by this young, fantastic Grizzlies team is terrifying. The Mavs have fallen far behind them both now and in their future prospects. They have a long ways to go to get in the Grizz’s class and sure as Hell better take advantage of every opportunity they have to get better. They can’t afford to leave assets on the sideline. I expect a trade.

Um, there was a rather key young Mav missing.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - TXBamanut - 02-05-2020

(02-05-2020, 10:52 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Watching the Mavs get their clocks cleaned by this young, fantastic Grizzlies team is terrifying. The Mavs have fallen far behind them both now and in their future prospects.  They have a long ways to go to get in the Grizz’s class and sure as Hell better take advantage of every opportunity they have to get better. They can’t afford to leave assets on the sideline.  I expect a trade.

So, let me get this straight...
The Mavs don't have Luka, DPowell, Seth, JJB, and KP goes out when we're down by 7... Tyus Jones goes out of his mind for one time in his life... And...

You say we've fallen behind them???  Seriously?

Okay, Captain Overreaction...