Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 4.5 pt RAPTOR & 9.5 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
84.62%
11 84.62%
Wolves
15.38%
2 15.38%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 72: DAL (42-30) @ MIN (23-49) | 121-136 loss
(05-16-2021, 05:40 PM)Kammrath Wrote: So the Nuggets essentially control their destiny tonight, right?

Win and get #3 seed vs. Blazers....lose and get #4 seed vs. Mavs....right?

Here are the four scenarios that result in a Nuggets vs. Mavs first-round series:

Mavs beat Timberwolves.
Lakers beat Pelicans.
Clippers beat Thunder.
Trail Blazers beat the Nuggets.

Mavs beat Timberwolves.
Pelicans beat the Lakers.
Clippers beat Thunder.

Timberwolves beat Mavs.
Lakers beat Pelicans.
Clippers beat Thunder.

Timberwolves beat Mavs.
Thunder beat Clippers.

Here are the four scenarios that result in a Nuggets vs. Lakers first-round series:

Mavs beat Timberwolves.
Lakers beat Pelicans.
Clippers beat Thunder.
Nuggets beat the Trail Blazers.

Timberwolves beat Mavs.
Lakers beat Pelicans.
Clippers beat Thunder.

Mavs beat Timberwolves.
Lakers beat Pelicans.
Thunder beat Clippers.

Timberwolves beat Mavs.
Lakers beat Pelicans.
Thunder beat Clippers.

Here are the eight scenarios that result in a Nuggets vs. Blazers first-round series:

Mavs beat Timberwolves.
Clippers beat Thunder.

Timberwolves beat Mavs.
Clippers beat Thunder.

Timberwolves beat Mavs.
Clippers beat Thunder.

Mavs beat Timberwolves.
Lakers beat Pelicans.
Thunder beat Clippers.

Mavs beat Timberwolves.
Thunder beat Clippers.

Mavs beat Timberwolves.
Thunder beat Clippers.

Timberwolves beat Mavs.
Lakers beat Pelicans.
Thunder beat Clippers.

Timberwolves beat Mavs.
Thunder beat Clippers.
Like Reply
I have this bemused picture in my mind of these eight head coaches trying to stretch these games into overtime, furiously checking the scoreboards of the other games to know what to do.  Tongue
Like Reply
Clippers resting everyone more or less. OKC have to do their job else they can drop 2-3 spots in the lottery odds tho.
Like Reply
(05-16-2021, 06:46 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I have this bemused picture in my mind of these eight head coaches trying to stretch these games into overtime, furiously checking the scoreboards of the other games to know what to do.  Tongue

Yeah, someone should make a movie.  Funny stuff ... seriously!!!    Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74
Like Reply
(05-16-2021, 06:46 PM)sefant Wrote: Clippers resting everyone more or less. OKC have to do their job else they can drop 2-3 spots in the lottery odds tho.

Both fighting like cats and dogs to lose.... bet the Clippers pull off the loss. So if the Mavs want the Nuggets, Luka and a ton of other guys should rest tonight, and we hope that the Lakers and Blazers do their jobs...
Like Reply
(05-16-2021, 06:46 PM)sefant Wrote: Clippers resting everyone more or less. OKC have to do their job else they can drop 2-3 spots in the lottery odds tho.

(05-16-2021, 06:53 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Both fighting like cats and dogs to lose.... bet the Clippers pull off the loss. So if the Mavs want the Nuggets, Luka and a ton of other guys should rest tonight, and we hope that the Lakers and Blazers do their jobs...

I have a hard time envisioning the Clippers outtanking the Thunder tonight (especially since the Thunder stand to "lose" more by winning [tonight] than the Clippers do).

Nevertheless, if the following unlikely scenario actually comes to pass, I will be A-OK with it:

Timberwolves beat Mavs.
Thunder beat Clippers.
Like Reply
(05-16-2021, 06:53 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Both fighting like cats and dogs to lose.... bet the Clippers pull off the loss. So if the Mavs want the Nuggets, Luka and a ton of other guys should rest tonight, and we hope that the Lakers and Blazers do their jobs...

As I have previously stated, if the Lakers beat the Pelicans (which I think is very likely), then it does not matter what the Mavs do tonight.

If, on the other hand, the Pelicans somehow manage to upset the Lakers tonight, then (assuming the Nuggets lose to the Blazers, which is required to effectuate any  scenario that results in a Dallas vs. Denver match-up) the Mavs would need to match the Clippers result tonight (Mavs win if the Clippers win, or Mavs lose if the Clippers lose) to get the first-round match-up against Denver.

Therefore ...

If you prefer Denver as the Mavs' first-round opponent, then ...

If you think the Clippers are more likely to win tonight vs. OKC, then you should hope for the Mavs to win tonight; but if you think the Clippers are more likely to lose tonight, then you should hope for the Mavs to lose tonight also.

Or ...

You could just get drunk tonight and sing a few verses of "Que Será, Será."
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/LakeShowYo/status/13...10432?s=20
Like Reply
(05-16-2021, 06:38 PM)Hypermav Wrote: Everyone wants to avoid the Mavs.  Must win for Denver.

[Image: giphy.gif]

https://gph.is/g/ZOlXyQY
Like Reply
Clippers officially going for the loss here.  

https://twitter.com/FantasyLabsNBA/statu...22818?s=20

https://twitter.com/FantasyLabsNBA/statu...26912?s=20

https://twitter.com/FantasyLabsNBA/statu...51968?s=20
Like Reply
Sitting alone in a Buffalo Wild Wings to watch this since I live in Minnesota and don’t get the game at home. If all this Fox/Bally Sports nonsense isn’t figured out by next year I might end up at a minimum getting a VPN that I can change my location to use league pass whenever I want.
Like Reply
The betting favorites have won (or are currently winning) EVERY GAME so far today.

I don't think this is going to happen:

Timberwolves beat Mavs.
Thunder beat Clippers.

But I do think this is going to happen:

Mavs beat Timberwolves.
Lakers beat Pelicans.
Clippers beat Thunder.
Like Reply
My predictions:

1. Denver loses, Portland wins,
2. Lakers win,
3. Clippers loses,
4. Mavs win.
Like Reply
LOL at Mavs, Clips and Nuggets. Its like they are competing for lottery odds. I was actually stupid enough to believe Portland-Denver is gonna be a good game. F... this s....

Good night gentleman, see you in playoffs.
Like Reply
Blazers putting the smackdown on the Nugs. And T-Wolves doing the same to the Mavs.
Like Reply
(05-16-2021, 08:47 PM)bodhisattva Wrote: LOL at Mavs, Clips and Nuggets. Its like they are competing for lottery odds. I was actually stupid enough to believe Portland-Denver is gonna be a good game. F... this s....

Good night gentleman, see you in playoffs.

No idea why?  A Nuggets win means they get Lakers.  They don't want any part of that.
Like Reply
Waste of time...Luka shouldn't have even suited up. Players don't really care about playoff seeding. As soon as they clinched then they were mentally checked out
Like Reply
Halftime:
Mavs 60
Timberwolves 76

Halftime:
Lakers 63
Pelicans 59

Halftime:
Trail Blazers 72
Nuggets 55

Halftime:
Clippers 60
Thunder 62
Like Reply
LAC can sill beat OKC...Looks like Mavs dont care if they face Clips or Nuggets
Like Reply
(05-16-2021, 09:14 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: LAC can sill beat OKC...Looks like Mavs dont care if they face Clips or Nuggets

Looks that way.  Let's see if the T-Wolves fold like a cheap tent the rest of the game.
Like Reply