Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DFS (+4, 22 pts, 1 stl, 2 ast, 5 rbd, game winning three)
45.16%
14 45.16%
Maxi (-6, 17 pts, 1 blk, 1 ast, 1 rbd)
0%
0 0%
Luka (+6, 31 pts, 20 ast, 12 rbd, 1 TO, game winning assist)
54.84%
17 54.84%
WCS (-3, 6 pts, 2 blk, 2 stl, 12 rbd)
0%
0 0%
THJ (+7, 16 pts, 1 stl, 4 ast, 3 rbd)
0%
0 0%
Total 31 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GAME 63 DIRKIE: Winner Luka (55%) | Runner-up DFS (45%)
(05-02-2021, 12:00 AM)embellisher Wrote: I guess we've started taking Luka for granted. Love DFS's game winning shot but I would call a 30-20 triple double with 1 turnover above and beyond.

Luka was amazing, no doubt. And, maybe we are taking him for granted. But, are those 20 assists an indication that he played even better than normal, or that his teammates made a higher percentage of the shots he created for them? The dude puts up 30 almost every night now, so that's normal.
Like Reply
What an amazing win
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Normally would give it to DFS, but Luka’s night was historic.  Only three other players have had a game like this.  I may only see the 30-20 triple double a couple of times. So he gets the Dirkie.

And I’m talking about the 30-20 triple double, only achieved by Luka, Westbrook, Magic, and the Big O.  If you combine it with Luka’s 20-1 assist to turnover ratio, also only achieved by four players, you have an all time great performance that stands alone in history.
Like Reply
(05-02-2021, 01:52 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: an all time great performance that stands alone in history

THIS. That was a historic performance unmatched by any player, ever.
Like Reply
Wow...what a game.  The Mavs should understand they can't let up on the throttle no matter who the opponent is.  Once again the team played very good.  Maxi and DFS hit their shots.  Burke was timely.  I want to give the Dirkie to DFS...but I can't overlook the 30-20 triple double with 1 turnover by Luka.  That's a fine game...and once again shows that Luka can take over a game when he needs to.  My Dirkie to Luka...
Like Reply
Despite his 30-10-20 game, Luka's defense was so terrible this game that I can't vote for him. He and Timothy allowed at least 15 easy layups for Neto/Westbrook/Beal. Not to mention the fouls in the clutch. DFS deserves this one, really proud of him and I love seeing his hard work pay off.
Like Reply
(05-02-2021, 07:17 AM)HAguiar95 Wrote: Despite his 30-10-20 game, Luka's defense was so terrible this game that I can't vote for him. He and Timothy allowed at least 15 easy layups for Neto/Westbrook/Beal. Not to mention the fouls in the clutch. DFS deserves this one, really proud of him and I love seeing his hard work pay off.

I cant believe how many are ignoring a once in a lifetime performance...now the excuse is 2 of the best offensive players got layups...those 2 players have made a living torching defenses...

Meanwhile no one mentions DFS also tried to give the game away with a bad turnover right after THJ drew a charge...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/jeskeets/status/1388826265235476483
Like Reply
(05-02-2021, 07:23 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote: I cant believe how many are ignoring a once in a lifetime performance...now the excuse is 2 of the best offensive players got layups...those 2 players have made a living torching defenses...

Meanwhile no one mentions DFS also tried to give the game away with a bad turnover right after THJ drew a charge...

Once in a lifetime is an overreaction. He's had at least 20 games better than this one. He was awesome on offense and deserves all the credit in the world, but when we can't get a stop late, he and Timothy have to be accountable, no "excuses". Would help if at least Richardson was playable on offense (he's not) or Hardaway was playable on D (he's not).
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...3546564612
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/MavsPR/status/1388706489922166785
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/Mavs_FFL/status/1388701182105952257
Like Reply
(05-02-2021, 07:23 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Meanwhile no one mentions DFS also tried to give the game away with a bad turnover right after THJ drew a charge...
Checks notes...I mentioned that Smile
Like Reply
(05-02-2021, 09:03 AM)Hypermav Wrote: Checks notes...I mentioned that Smile

Missed it...time to eat crow...
Like Reply
(05-02-2021, 07:59 AM)HAguiar95 Wrote: Once in a lifetime is an overreaction. He's had at least 20 games better than this one. He was awesome on offense and deserves all the credit in the world, but when we can't get a stop late, he and Timothy have to be accountable, no "excuses". Would help if at least Richardson was playable on offense (he's not) or Hardaway was playable on D (he's not).

I think drawing a charge counts as a late game stop. As Clutch already mentioned. Not really his fault when the Mavs throw the ball away just a few seconds later.
Like Reply
I don't think there's a wrong choice between Luka or DFS. One had an unstoppable night of historic proportions. The other was hotter than fish grease. Both great options.

I chose Luka because you really never see a 20 assist game with 1 turnover. Add on top of the 31 points and 12 rebounds and it really was just a masterclass.

DFS is definitely 1B though.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
[Image: i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2021%2F0502%2Fr848541_1...16%2D9.jpg]
Like Reply
DFS was amazing
Like Reply
Set aside the histrionics for a second. My take, fwiw, is that 1 TO = a great step up for a guy averaging a somewhat worrisome 4.3 on the season (4.0 for his career). That plus the insane stat line and 4th Q performance? Easily enough for my vote. Heck, I might be willing to drive to Pennsylvania to vote for the guy, if that’s what it took. (Too soon?)
Like Reply
(05-02-2021, 03:22 PM)Jommybone Wrote: Set aside the histrionics for a second. My take, fwiw, is that 1 TO = a great step up for a guy averaging a somewhat worrisome 4.3 on the season (4.0 for his career). That plus the insane stat line and 4th Q performance? Easily enough for my vote. Heck, I might be willing to drive to Pennsylvania to vote for the guy again, if that’s what it took. (Too soon?)

FIFY
Like Reply