Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DFS (+13, 11 pts, 2 stl, 9 rbd)
0%
0 0%
KP (+15, 19 pts, 3 blk, 2 stl, 2 ast, 8 rbd)
18.18%
6 18.18%
Luka (-2, 36 pts, 5 ast, 8 rbd)
3.03%
1 3.03%
JB (-1, 21 pts, 1 stl, 3 ast, 5 rbd)
78.79%
26 78.79%
Total 33 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 46 DIRKIE: Winner JB (79%) | Runner-up KP (17%)
Brick 
Who was the player of the game who elevated his game to help the team win?
Like Reply
I voted for the player I have supported since he got drafted in the second round a couple years ago...

https://media.giphy.com/media/j02gyYC9eTIZ2/giphy.gif
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Clutch Brunson obviously!
Like Reply
No one should be an option.
Like Reply
[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
I’m going to pretend the second-half didn’t happen so I can sleep well tonight. Having decided that, I vote for KP, whose first-half defensive performance impressed me. My optimism for his future here is growing on a daily basis. If he keeps this up, I will soon book a ticket to join @"SleepingHero" on KP island.
Like Reply
The Celtics for missing just enough shots.

If I have to pick a Mav, I guess JB for making the clutch FTs. Luka was on fire before cooling off, and KP was a stud before he got benched.
Like Reply
This one is tough. Luka was a monster on offense. Brunson was right there with him, making extremely smart plays all night and taking advantage of the Doncic double team. But, I decided for KP. He was a monster on defense and the main reason for Mavs to build their lead. Just sad they didn't play him in the fourth. He has to be able to punish smaller players guarding him. And he was doing a good job with it.
Like Reply
2 posters to ban so far...

https://media.giphy.com/media/LbhqriDhU2fMk/giphy.gif
Like Reply
My vote goes to the veteran leader on this young squad. A Mr. Jalen Brunson. That was playoff defense (and officiating) we were witnessing. Mavs had one player ready for it. The savvy vet. Next year he’s a starter.
Like Reply
(03-31-2021, 09:25 PM)Jommybone Wrote: Next year he’s a starter.

For which team though?
Like Reply
(03-31-2021, 09:33 PM)cow Wrote: For which team though?

Mavs will do everything they can to keep him...he is our third best player right now...
Like Reply
(03-31-2021, 09:45 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Mavs will do everything they can to keep him...he is our third best player right now...

He's under contract next year.  It was a trade joke.  You could argue he's our second best player since he plays back-to-backs.
Like Reply
(03-31-2021, 09:49 PM)cow Wrote: He's under contract next year.  It was a trade joke.  You could argue he's our second best player since he plays back-to-backs.

I had already used my "he is only available in trade for AD" joke earlier in the game chat...
Like Reply
Gotta be Mr Clutch JB. That was NBA veteran 4th period playoff FT shooting.
Like Reply
Jalen "Has JRich shaking in his boots" Brunson
Like Reply
Since single game plus minus is so important, I'll go with KP.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/13...5495291907
Like Reply
That 4th quarter performance was bad enough for Cuban to deduct this game check from Carlisle. So many empty possessions and lack of focus.

Case in point, 3 mins left, BOS going on a run. What do the Mavs run on a key possession? Well a whole lot of nothing, instead choosing to hold the ball. Then we decide to throw the ball with 3 seconds left on the shot clock to DFS posting up??? 

KP not on the court. Luka no where to be found in the play. It ends with the Mavs having to hoist a 41ft prayer by Luka that miraculously bounces out and back to Luka, who is stifled for 13 seconds (again) dribbling the ball around the perimeter, only to throw up yet another prayer that magically goes in. 

Thank goodness Luka is a transcendent basketball player.

That offense was putrid. And Carlisle should be ashamed. 

DFS-Offensive foul 4 mins left
Richardson-misses a fall away mid range 2 mins left
DFS another offensive foul- 2 mins left 
No penetration dwindling clock Luka hoists an airball 3- 1:30 left

This is how you blow 20 point leads. Don't even get me started on benching KP the entire 4th quarter choice. Instead of playing with size Carlisle chooses to matches Boston's short lineup playing right into their gameplan.

KP gets the dirkie for his defense and aggressiveness against BOS throwing smaller players on him. It was evident how much better the Mavs were when he was on the court. Had Luka closed the game out in a cleaner way I'd be giving it to him for his absolute bonkers shooting.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Jalen all the way.

Georgie for almost losing the game: Shared honours of Carlisle and (unpopular opinion, see my reasoning for it in mavsluvrs analysis thread) Luka.
Like Reply