Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which teams were winners/losers at the TDL?
My winners, Denver, Miami, Milwaukee, Clippers, Philadelphia, and Chicago. Losers, Orlando, Houston, Boston, and the Lakers. Your thoughts?
Like Reply
I really like Vuc, so Chicago had the best move imo.
Like Reply
(03-26-2021, 04:44 PM)Hypermav Wrote: I really like Vuc, so Chicago had the best move imo.

I'm really happy for LaVine.  

I thought Denver did well too with Gordon and McGee.
Like Reply
I think Houston has the trade loser title locked up for a while. What a mess.
Like Reply
(03-26-2021, 05:02 PM)Tyler Wrote: I think Houston has the trade loser title locked up for a while. What a mess.

It shows the importance od Morey there.
Many don't like him and think he is overrated , but the guy was competent , unlike those currently there
Like Reply
(03-26-2021, 05:09 PM)khaled1987 Wrote: It shows the importance od Morey there.
Many don't like him and think he is overrated , but the guy was competent , unlike those currently there

So I don't disagree with the overall point that having Morey is a good thing. But to be fair, it seems D'Antoni, Morey and Harden all bounced up out of there as quickly as they could because of the new(ish) owner. I'm not saying the new guys are doing well, obviously, but it's safe to say they're fighting an uphill battle, I think.
Like Reply
(03-26-2021, 05:09 PM)khaled1987 Wrote: It shows the importance od Morey there.

I think the big difference between Morey and a guy like Donnie is the clear vision and idea he has when he joins a team. For the Rockets it was all about Harden and 3-point shooting + defense around him. One could argue that it was a big success but CP3s injury and an all time bad shooting performance stopped them in the WCFs.
Same with the 76ers. Embiid as the focal point in the paint with ballhandling and spacing around him. The Curry trade is a great example. On paper most experts had Richardson as the more valuable player. Doesn´t matter for Morey. He has a clear target and goes for it.
When Morey says that he is going to be agressive he will go for it. When Donnie and Mark make a similar comment it means that they will probe around the market.
I don´t think his approach would work for a rebuilding team but to his credit...not a single losing season in his entire career as a GM/president of bball operation.
Like Reply
Morey is very good without doubt. Is he great?  He needs a title.  At full strength, his 76ers are the most impressive opponent I’ve watched the Mavs play this year. After that game I just thought, nothing you can do. That defense is off the charts.
Like Reply
(03-26-2021, 06:42 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Morey is very good without doubt. Is he great?  He needs a title.  At full strength, his 76ers are the most impressive opponent I’ve watched the Mavs play this year. After that game I just thought, nothing you can do. That defense is off the charts.

I was really hoping we'd recruit him after his time in Houston was up.
Like Reply